But, it was also a GREAT day!! Yesterday, after much thought and prayer and absolutely no offers in an entire year of having our house on the market, we decided to put our house up for lease. We felt like this was the best decision, because the market is so bad right now that we are literally giving our house away. There is no way you could ever build a house, even at cost, for what we were asking. So, we thought, why not lease it for a year so that we won't just be paying out money for it just sitting there. Then, when the market picks up again, we can put it back up for sale for what it's actually worth.
From the beginning, I have had a million different suggestions on what we should do to sell our house. Bury a statue. Speak to your house. Pray over your house. Proclaim it will be sold. And all I kept thinking was, I don't want to have to do a magic dance or say a magic chant.....I trust God and I know He has a plan. And all I kept praying is that our house would be a blessing to whoever ended up in it. And I told God I would give HIM the glory for when it sold.
So, today I am giving God the glory and praising HIM for His perfect plan. It was a plan that looked nothing like our own plan. We already have a family that is ready to move into our house and lease it for the next year. One day later, the papers are signed! What I love about this story is that this family is in the same exact situation we are in........their house in CO won't sell either and they are having to lease it. So, I hope that our house is a blessing for them too, because there just are not any places to rent in this area; the one apartment complex we have is full. I cannot describe what a relief it is to know that we will not be paying two mortgages anymore, plus a light and water bill for a house we don't even live in!
It would be awesome if this family loves our house and is able to sell their house and buy ours. You just never know! I am just so thankful for God's perfect plan and I trust Him fully. Thank you so much to everyone who prayed for us. Your prayers are never taken for granted.
6 comments:
God is good all the time! His ways are higher than our ways for sure! Sometimes we think we have things figured out...and then God works a different way.
I am so happy for you not to have to pay two mortgage payments plus utilities anymore. I rejoice with you tonight.
Also glad that the girls are enjoying school and that dance has started. I know they enjoy it!
Love, Momma
P.S. It is 2:30 AM and I am up with allergies. Took some Benadryl, and am hoping I can sleep soon. UGH!
I'm sure your house is a huge blessing to this family!
Yay for so many Good things !!
God is so Good all the time.
I am SO excited about this for you guys! You are so right...HIS plan is the perfect one! It's hard resting in that sometimes but when the solution finally comes, it's so amazing to step back and see God moving. I love it!
Very cool! You never know!
Praising God with you! I love how His plans are perfect and sometimes not at all what we had in mind. His ways are always the best, though! What a blessing...multiplied for you and the other family. (Love how He does that, too!)
Post a Comment