Here is a picture of the Fred Hartman Bridge that you go over as you leave Baytown. It stretches over the ship channel.
This is a picture of our house in Joshua.
Have you ever woke up one day in your own home and everything felt exactly the same, but when you looked out the window, everything was completely different? That's what happened when we moved. We literally moved our house to Baytown with us!! What an odd feeling as a little girl, to wake up and realize that even though the comfort of my home was the same, the outside world had completely changed and was foreign to me!
Here are a couple of photos of our house on the move!


Here is a photo of our house once it made it to Baytown. Everything was oddly familiar, but completely different all at the same time!
So, when I thought about this story, I thought about how it really does relate to my life lately. For those of you who read my blog, you know my life is completely changing before my eyes! I prayed that the Lord would renew my faith, show me that He really is there, and it's like I woke up the next day and although everything around me seemed the same, it was all very different!
It has been amazing the way the Lord has been working in my life! Everywhere I turn, I see Him. He has delivered me from my anxiety, sent people my way to encourage and pray for me, and given me a hope again that I have not felt since before my Mom died. My tastes have changed, my thoughts have changed, my desires have changed. It's wonderful! Every day I wake up, it's like the Lord has something even better in store for me! I feel like I truly don't deserve all of these blessings that He has been sending my way, but I know that none of us do, and that is what makes them such great blessings!
I'll be honest and say that I used to just not understand Christians who always talked scripture and were always trying to talk to everyone about being saved. I didn't understand their passion for it. I loved the Lord too, but I didn't understand why they were so excited about Him. I am ashamed to admit that, but it's true. I was saved as a little girl, but I never "got it" until just recently. When you experience what I have in the past few weeks, you really do want to fall to your knees and just praise Him! It's exciting and you want to share His love with everyone that you meet. It is true that when other people see Him working in your life, they will want what you have! That's what happened to me when I started blogging and met all of these strong, Christian women. I wanted what they had!
I don't want to be closer to the Lord though for what He can do for me. I want to be used in whatever way He feels necessary to bring Him the most glory. I hope that my story will be a testimony to the power of prayer and a story of faith and His abundant love. I want to show others what they are missing when they choose to reject Him. I want to teach my girls to lean on Him like my Mom taught me. Most of all, I don't ever want to lose this passion that I have for learning more about Him. I'm not sure exactly where I'm headed, but I hope that you all will join me on my journey, and we will see where He takes me!
10 comments:
Kristin! I'm sending you a hug with tear filled eyes. Wow! Your post really made my heart gushy this morning. I'm so ecstatic for you that your head and heart have made that ever important connection about what it means to be a true believer in Christ. Most certainly, the people around you will notice the difference and wonder what's going on. Just keep planting the seed and remember that the Lord will harvest it. God's word NEVER returns void. We preach the gospel through our actions and our life witness, and when necessary we use words. Your newfound faith has inspired me to be so so much more as a Christian. It's reminded me of the simplicity of my salvation - where I've complicated it so much over the years. I do want others to see Christ in me and recognize that it's different than what they see all around them in the world. That's very convicting for me, and makes me want to press on and work all the harder.
I too have found encouragement here in this circle that I've been thristing for now for about 4 years. The words and examples of the ladies here minister to me in a way I haven't known for a very long time now. I only regret that I can't give each and every one a big hug for real. God is so faithful, that's all I can say. He knows our need, right? I'm so thankful for the new friends I've made through the Wednesday's Walk. THANKS LYNNETTE!!! :) Be blessed today my friend, and thanks for sharing your awesome story of change. I love it and am praising God for it!
Thanks so much for your heartfelt post. I am eager to see where God takes you next.
Kristin ~ I have never read your blog before today.. and now I know what I have been missing! Your post reminded me of the parrellel that Lynnette made in her blog today. Not knowing God's Hope and joy until you have experienced it. Your words today give me a renewed determination for the Lord. Thank you for sharing.
It is exciting to see how God works in a person's life. May you continue to be sensitive to His leading. Thank you for sharing today.
It's my first time visiting your blog - and what a blessing to read how God is growing you! Thank you for sharing!
Krstin...I read your post earlier this morning but didn't get a chance to post until now. I love your story today. I can relate to everything you are saying about how God's working in both of our lives. I do agree that we don't have to be shouting from the rooftops for people to see Jesus in us. It's just by our simple actions. I know what you mean about being a Christian as a young girl but not really "getting it" until now! Its not too late for us, for sure!!!
Well, I'd better get going and take a break from the computer like we were talking about last night! When you have a chance, stop over to my blog to check out my new look. I love it!
I love to see how the Lord is working in your life. Beautiful...it is amazingly, indescribably beautiful to watch Him work...and He has only just begun, sweet friend. He has great plans for your life...
Keep holding on to Him...
I so enjoyed reading this! Girl, you have been a blessing to so many of us too just by being you...honest and transparent not only to the Lord but with us.
I especially thank God for our paths to have crossed somehow. You're truly a blessing and I look forward to getting to know you even more.
Blessings!
What a wonderfully uplifting post!
I feel like I'm watching someone grow up spiritually since I've been reading your blog via these walks in recent weeks. It is so nice once someone realizes how exciting it can be to be a Christian. Too many get hung up on the "thou shalt nots" that they never see the "thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart..." which is such a happy thing.
Blessings!
Kristin, I feel so blessed to have met you a few months ago. I have been on a spiritual journey over the past few years and can so relate to everything you just said and are going through(your post about going back to church). Although only having talked to you through email, etc...I can tell you have such a strong spirit and are going to be such an amazing example of what Christ can do to a person's life. I so loved what you said about not wanting to have a relationship for what He can do for you, but for what you can do to glorify His name, but he two go hand in hand. As you glorify Him, He will do the same for you. I will be here throughout your journey and can't wait to see where God leads you.
Post a Comment