K's Great Day

Yesterday, K was having a great day! She had her little TX program at school, then I ate lunch with her (which she loved!). She had a makeup softball game last night. The day before, we had practiced her swing and hitting, because at her last game she got really upset when she struck out. No matter how much everyone told her it was okay, that we were proud of her, she just cried and cried.

Well, would you believe, my sweet, precious girl got up to bat last night at her first at bat, and she TOTALLY HIT THE VERY FIRST PITCH HER COACH THREW TO HER?!!! That doesn't happen often with these little girls, and she did it!! Oh my goodness, she was so excited that she could barely contain herself!! The crowd was going wild, and she got to first base and was just jumping up and down with pure joy all over her face! Her second at bat, she didn't hit the coach's pitches, but she did hit it off the tee and was equally excited about that. She also made the game-winning point when she came into home plate.

She told me that she had "the best day ever!" Her coach was so proud of her, and so were we, but I told her that I would've been just as proud of her if she had struck out, because she tried her very best!

5 comments:

Becca said...

YAY K!!! I love hearing all the stories of your girls as I cannot wait for those things! I am glad she did so good. That is really exciting she scored the winning point too!

Vera said...

Way to go, girl!! Y'all have some cute girls and lots to be proud of ;)

Holly said...

That does sound like a pretty awesom day! :)

Frizzy and Bird said...

Isn't it crazy how as mom's we're on top of the world when our kids are on top of the world?! I LOVE hearing how happy our kids are and what makes them feel that way!

Bay Jones said...

This is such a sweet story. I can't wait until my little girl is old enough to do things like that. But I am proud of her when she babbles sounds and turns over, so it is a joy to have children.