Proud to be a Texan, Y'all!

Can I just tell y'all how much I LOVE being a Texan?
(I like to say y'all ALOT! Sometimes I try to say things like "you guys" or "you all", but it just doesn't sound right with my southern drawwwwwwl! LOL)

I love country music, I love that everything we do in Texas is BIG, I love the people in the great state of Texas..........most of all, I LOVED K's Texas program that she had at school today.

There's just nothing cuter than a big group of Kindergarteners dressed up in their "western" wear! Gotta LOVE it!!

I love our school district. We have the best group of teachers and administrators. They did an excellent job putting together this program and it was so entertaining and fun!! K had the letter P. They went through every letter of the alphabet and told 3 things about Texas that start with that letter. K's line was "Praries, Piney Woods, and Pecans!" She did a GREAT job!!
Here's K and her friend dancing in the aisle and the end of the program. Y'all, I almost needed some tissues because the tears of this proud Momma could just barely be held back. I get my tender-heartedness from my Mom!
After the program, I picked up L and we went and grabbed McDonald's and went back to Kindergarten to eat lunch with K. That was fun too!! It wasn't planned, but after the program, K asked me if I would eat lunch with her and I'm so glad that I did!

My little K is just growing up and coming into her own. I am just so proud of her! In the mail yesterday, I received the sweetest, hand-written letter from her principal. I, of course, had to shed a few tears when I read it! It said:

K is a very smart student. She always does her best work for Mrs. Murray. K is also a very good citizen and role model for her peers. Keep up the good work K!

For her principal to take the time to say such wonderful things about my precious little girl means more to me than she will ever know! The Lord never ceases to amaze me at how He sends me these little things to show me that I don't need to worry, that He is always in control!

3 comments:

Becca said...

How fun! I am glad she did good! The pictures are cute. I like her outfit!

Veronica said...

Love the pictures!!! I can't wait until Alyssa goes to school, I know she'll have so much fun.

How exciting that your girls are all doing so good. Shows what a great job your doing as their Mama!

Denise Grover Swank said...

Awww!!! That just melts my heart. K looks like she was having so much fun with her program. Its fun eating lunch with your kids at school because you get to meet all their friends and see how they interact. I love it.