The Sunday morning before Veronica was set to come visit, Lily woke up throwing up everywhere. I didn't think much of it because Veronica wasn't set to come in until Thursday evening and I figured she'd be fine by then. But then, Tuesday morning, Kaylee and Morgan both woke up throwing up and they had flu-like symptoms and horrible fevers. I was really worried that Madison and I would get it and Veronica would have to cancel! :( And, by this time, Lily was having horrible diarrhea. Lily ended up staying home until Friday!
In the meantime, Tuesday night, Madison and I left all the sick peoples at home and went to her Open House at school. Here she is with the science class bunny. :) Her teacher asked if she wanted to hold it and she was like, no that's okay! She has 4 teachers this year and they all raved about how well she is doing and how quiet she is. Ha!
In the midst of all of that, Madison had picture day that day.
I'll do a seperate post about Veronica's visit, but we took this picture on Friday. Since it was just me that picked her up, we didn't get a picture at the airport and then we were so busy talking that we forgot to ask Morgan to take one once we got home. Ha! I told her that we better go outside on the swing and take one of ourselves before we got in trouble. LOL! Luckily, everyone went back to school on Friday (even though Lily is just now getting over her diarrhea!). Everyone was saying how we could be sisters and we didn't even realize how much we looked alike until we looked at this picture. How neat, huh?! Soul sisters, for sure!! I just love her!
Then Saturday was my baby shower. It was one of the most special days of my life, really!! Having Veronica there was a dream come true, as well as all of my most special friends and family. My friend Julie who gave my shower did such a beautiful job on everything. I can't wait to show y'all all the pictures! I got a ton of precious things!!
Sunday was a rough day and I was so emotional over Veronica having to leave. I'm so glad that her travels went well and that she made it home safely.
Morgan asked me that night how to spell Matthew and I was thinking, you should probably learn that Daddy! LOL! Anyhow, I looked up later to find this:
He cracks me up. He put this on our sign that I won a few years ago from a blog giveaway. I guess we need to update it! I think it's finally setting in for Morgan that we really are having another baby! :)
Tuesday night, Kaylee had her Open House. They did this fun thing where you had to read these facts about them and try to guess which one was hers. We definitely knew which one was hers when we read about how she loves dancing and has a chihuahua.
And finally, yesterday was Lily's picture day. I love her expression here. :D I'm just so thankful that she is on the mend. I started sending her lunch to school on Friday and have been doing that ever since and it seems to be helping. For some reason, going through the cafeteria line was making her gag every single day. I'm not sure why and can't quite figure it out. We are still working with her on adjusting to Kindergarten and at times, I just want to keep her home and shelter her and homeschool her, but I know that what is best is to keep encouraging her.
I also was able to go back to bible study last night and enjoyed that. So, if you made it through this huge long post, you can see why I haven't had much time to do anything lately! I did finish up buying the last few things I need for Matthew yesterday. I also had a doctor appointment yesterday and everything is looking great. Five more weeks!!! Can you believe it?!! Only 35 days left!
8 comments:
Oh my word! What a week! Thank the Lord you didn't get sick, and Madison, too! I am so so so happy Ver was able TO come! I thought the same thing, how you all looked alike! Fun! I can't wait to read all about the baby shower!!
Talk about BUSY! :)
I'm so glad that things got better for everyone and I was able to come! I also keep meaning to tell you that I'm still feeling great and I'm still marveling at how the Lord protected us all!
I really hope things continue to improve for Lily and that taking her own lunch will do the trick. I'll keep praying that every day will be a better one!
I'm so happy that I got to come celebrate with you for your shower too! We made some special memories that day and when I think about it, I still get emotional. I was just telling Fernando last night that I don't know anyone who has a story like ours. God is so good. :)
Glad everyone is feeling better...rough week for mom.
You and Veronica look like sisters! :)
You certainly did have a busy week Kristin.
It is always so awful when people get sick that way and it passes on through the family. (I am happy that you and Madison didn't get it...and also Ver.)
I am so glad that Morgan and Kaylee got over it pretty quick. Sorry that Lily's lingered on for awhile, but glad she is better now!
It sounds like the shower was wonderful...and even more special for you since Veronica was there. I love how the Lord worked everything out!
Love you!
Momma
So glad everyone got better & YOU didn't get sick. It always seems like something like that happens when you have plans & a busy week. Just glad everything worked out.
It is really true you both could pass for sisters.
Can't wait to hear about the baby shower. So hard to believe Matthew will be here soon.
Take care
Good gravy, girl! I am tired from just reading that! Goodness! I am so glad Ver decided to come anyway! I knew the enemy was trying his best to ruin this for you two. So glad he did not win!
Busy bee!
FIVE more weeks? AGH! If you keep yourself as busy as that week was then he will be here before you know it!!
SO FUN that you and Veronica were finally able to meet face to face!!!
I hope that things improve for miss Lily! Precious girl!
Post a Comment