Fishing!

Last night, the girls wanted to go fishing. Morgan had already gotten them their own fishing poles, so they all went fishing for the first time. (Well, except Lily, who had been before with Morgan when the girls were gone.)

I really didn't think they would catch anything, because Morgan's been several times lately and only caught one fish. But, I decided to go out there and take a few pics for memories sake. I'm so glad I did!

Right after I got out there, Kaylee caught a fish!

That's as close as she would get to it. Ha! They ended up having to throw this one back because it was too small to keep.

Then, not to long after, Madison started catching them. They each caught at least two, and even more that got away. Morgan had gotten some live shrimp for bait, but it turns out the fish liked the dead ones better. They were catching these croaker fish, that sound like frogs. Weird!

I liked this picture! Kaylee looks so excited about the fish she caught. :)

The mosquitoes started getting really bad, so we all came in, except for Morgan and Lily. I was worried that Lily wouldn't catch anything and she'd be upset, but then soon after they came up to the porch with a fish that she caught!

I had a hard time taking her picture with it, because she was scared of it. Ha! She did not like it flopping around!

She ended up catching another one after that and then Morgan stayed out for awhile longer and caught a few more. They're small though, so we'll have to catch some more before we can have enough to eat. I never imagined we'd live somewhere where we could just go outside and go fishing. They had so much fun and Morgan was so excited that they all caught something. What a wonderful way to make memories!

We missed church this morning. I feel like I'm half dead. I'm not sleeping well and I keep waking up all stiff and with a headache and every night I keep waking up sleeping on my tummy! :( I hope it doesn't hurt the baby!! We're going over to my MIL's later this afternoon for a family party and then tomorrow, we'll go out to the local park for fun and fireworks. Fireworks are banned all around this part of Texas because we are in a severe drought, but the city can still have their fireworks display, thank goodness! Happy 4th of July everyone!

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Yay for catching fish. Your post brought back memories when I used to go fishing with my Dad. I loved it.

Hoping you get to feeling better when you wake up and I used to sleep on my tummy until I couldn't anymore.

Have a Happy 4th of July !!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

I used to love to go rising with my dad. I was always lucky and caught fish. Looks like it was a fun night for everyone.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

=) We love to fish! I grew up fishing and my boys definitely enjoy it. It's always more fun when you catch something!

Darla said...

Fishing! Fun!!! I used to go with my dad too! :)

Veronica said...

I can totally picture Fern doing this with the girls when they get bigger. That's going to be so much fun for both him and the girls!

I'm so glad you were able to capture those memories. It's going to be so cool to look back at this when the girls get bigger. :)

I know I'm late reading this but I'm sorry you were having trouble sleeping. Are things still the same? Have you tried using a body pillow? Those helped me when I was preggo. :)