The Sweetest Gift!

Oh my goodness! I got a package in the mail from Veronica this week and I almost died when I saw these adorable things!!!

I wish you could tell from this picture just how tiny and sweet these little hats are!! I cannot wait for Matthew to wear them! They will be treasured forever :) And the little bib! Love it!!! Ha! And the alligator outfit......so cute! You should have heard us girls as we opened these up. We were all like AWWWWW!!!!!!!!

So, for now, I decided just to use this dresser and wardrobe for Matthew's things, and to just put them in my closet. Well, Morgan brought them over from the old house last night and I was so sad when I saw how squished they were. :( I took this picture to post on my blog and while I was looking at it, I had an idea.
Ahhhh........much better!! I decided to see if the dresser would fit where my clothes used to hang and it fit perfectly. Then I just moved the wardrobe over. This will work for awhile until we figure out where his real room will be. He'll be sleeping in our room in the bassinet for the first few months and then we'll just put a crib in there when he outgrows that.
Seriously, I know that none of my girls used their rooms until they were about 3 years old. They've all slept with us or in our room for the first few years, until their younger siblings came along. I know he doesn't need a room right now, but it still bugs me. I will get over it though until we figure something else out! :D

Happy Father's Day to everyone! We had a great morning at church today and we're about to head over to my MIL's for swimming and yummy food! Have a great day!!

12 comments:

Linda said...

That was so sweet of Veronica! Those things are so cute!

That was a good solution for the dresser and wardrobe situation! Good thinking.

So glad you all got out to church this morning. We have our granddaughters Julia and Adelynn with us for a week, so they are going to Vacation Bible School. I took them swimming after church. This is going to be a busy week.

Have fun at your MIL's. Tell Morgan Happy Father's Day!

Love, Momma

Katie rayn said...

Cute! Cute!

Caroline said...

So very cute and how sweet of her.

Swimming sounds like lots of fun. Happy Father's day to Morgan,

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh my gosh those hats are adorable. Veronica is so talented. Wish I had a big closet like that. You will figure it out soon.

Jenilee said...

I think his "room" with you will be perfect! the hat/outfit/bib is too cute :)

Holly said...

So, you'll be good for a few years then! ;) That does fit in that space pretty nicely. And it looks good too!

Love the stuff you got from Veronica!

Unknown said...

So cute! I can't wait to see him in those little hats!

HappyascanB said...

Ver is seriously one of the most thoughtful friends ever! Love the goodies! The wardrobe solution is great, too!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Love the tiny baby boy things! So cute!! Baby Matthew will most certainly be adorable!

Veronica said...

Can you believe I didn't hop on the computer once yesterday? I totally missed this post!

I'm so glad you liked everything and I can even see the maternity top in the pic too! ;)

Yay for figuring out your closet space and seriously, even though you don't have a quote un quote room for Matthew, it's seriously no big deal. Looking back, it was so silly for me to have stressed over Liv's room situation. It will all work out and everyone will find their place!

{:miss v:} said...

What cute stuff! She did a fabulous job on the hats, as usual! Love the bib too! ;)

Yay for getting the closet thing figured out! I'm wondering what the heck we're going to do when our next one comes along! Right now the cats have the third bedroom! haha!

Julie said...

Ha Ha...glad she got you one of the blog bibs! Love mine! And the hats are too cute!

Love how you rearranged the wardrobe.. Looks great!

And stop worrying about his room already! He'll be MUCH happier being in yours! :)