Kaylee's Goal and a Shrimp Boat!

Yesterday, I went to eat lunch with Kaylee at school because she reached her goal of getting 125 A/R points for reading. For this goal, they get their name painted on a ceiling tile, with the year. It's an actual white ceiling tile and she gets to replace a plain one with her tile, wherever she chooses in the school! She said she's going to put it in her teacher's room, right above her desk. :) I am going to try and sneak in there and get a picture of it on the last day of school!

I just thought it was so fun how all the kids just cheered and cheered for her. Look at her smile when she comes back. Priceless! I'm so proud of her. She worked so hard reading these past few weeks so that she could earn enough points to reach her goal. That is her principal who is announcing her. I think he is my favorite principal that either of my girls have had.



Today, this shrimp boat has been in the bay outside of our house. Pretty neat! I wish I had a boat and could go catch some fresh gulf shrimp and fish. :D Yum!
Have a great weekend, everyone! Tomorrow, the girls have recital pictures. 5 outfits each.....we may be there awhile! Ha!

8 comments:

Veronica said...

Awww! I loved the video! She looked so excited. Please tell Kaylee great job for me! :)

That's so neat about the shrimp boat and being able to see some cool stuff out on the bay!

Good luck tomorrow with pictures! Hope everything goes super smooth for you and the girls!

Caroline said...

Lots of luck and A great job. The video was wonderful.

How neat to get to see that boat. :)

Linda said...

Yay Kaylee!!! Way to go!

(She is such a cutie...loved the look on her face!)

Mich said...

Great job!

I have had trouble with my son and AR this year. He is a great reader...just hates reading. Hard to motivate a boy to read when he would rather be outside. :)

Holly said...

Way to go Kaylee!!!

Joyeful said...

Hooray for Kaylee!! That shrimp boat is pretty cool!! My kids would love it!

HappyascanB said...

Go, Kaylee! That rocks!

That shrimp boat makes my mouth water for some good ole' fresh shrimp! How awesome y'all see that from your home!

{:miss v:} said...

What a cute video! How exciting for her to accomplish her goal! Loved the video and her smile is so precious!

I just think having the water right out back is awesome! Evan would get the biggest kick out of that!