Kaylee's Band and Lily's Graduation

Monday was the fun beginning of the last week of school for the girls.

Kaylee had a band concert at 5pm. I was worried about the time, because I was supposed to have Lily at her school by 5:30, to get ready for her graduation ceremony at 6, and her school is 15 minutes away! I prayed about it, because I would have been devastated if I had to miss Kaylee's band concert......turns out her concert started right on time and was over in 10 minutes! Yay! Prayer answered! I had Lily there right at 5:30! :)

It was so cute. This is a brand new program for 2nd grade made possible due to a grant they got this year and she was asked to be in it. What an honor! They played 3 songs.....here is a little bit of one of them. She plays the triangle in this one. (she is to the left of the teacher) She also got to sing in one and play the soprano bells in one.



And my sweet little Lily graduated. It was hard not to start crying, because I was so proud of her! They sang several of the sweetest songs about loving Jesus and here is her getting her diploma. I cut it off a little short so I could run up there and take pictures.



Here are some pics from that day:

Teacher gifts for Lily's teachers. I found these during Halloween. Her class is the monster mashers, so I just filled them with candy.
I just love her smile in this picture!
Here is the picture I ran up there to get after she graduated.
Mommy and Lily :)
A family pic!
And we got her professional graduation picture that she took at school a few weeks ago. Doesn't she look so grown up in it?!! She's changed so much since the beginning of the year.
We had such a fun night that night! They had a small reception after Lily's graduation. I gave her a willow tree "congrats" angel and her Grandma gave her a minnie mouse graduation doll. Then, we all went out for pizza.

5 comments:

Veronica said...

This was a fun post! The videos were cute and it was fun to see the family pic of you guys!

Kaylee looked so sweet at her little concert and Lily looks so grown up i her grad picture!

HappyascanB said...

So fun! You always amaze me with all the running around you do!

Loved the videos!

Caroline said...

So glad it all worked out !!
Great pics !!!! Videos were awesome too.

Unknown said...

Aww, what a cute post. Loved the graduation picture. You can do a great side-by-side when she graduates high school! And College! My youngest graduated Kindergarten this year. Fun Times!

Katie said...

It is working now, ha ha. Anyway she looks so grown up. It is amazing how kids faces change. She will still look similar when she really graduates but much more mature. What makes us look so much older I wondere. Well when you are our age I know what does but from kids to teenagers. You will have fun posting the last picture at her high school graduation.