I've Been Meaning.....

to talk to you all about this:

My friends keep telling me about this St. Joseph's statue that you're supposed to bury in your yard and then your house will sell. I just LOL when they told me about it, even though they said their house sold the week after they buried it. They were like, what do you have to lose?

I guess I have to agree with that. I finally got around to looking it up and they're super cheap. But, every time I think about it, I keep thinking no, no, no. I told the Lord that I have faith in Him and that I know He will work this out and we will sell our house. I know that He already knows when and how that will happen. So, if I go out and buy this statue, then who gets credit for it? Not the Lord, but some dumb little statue.

I just can't do it. When this house sells, I'm giving God all the credit!

What do y'all think? Am I taking this way too seriously?! LOL!!

We just dropped the price of our house by $31,000.......if that doesn't interest some buyers, I don't know what will! My friend from church also said that she knows someone who may be interested in it too. So, I'm just going to keep on having faith!

13 comments:

Anna Gray said...

I will be praying for you about the house! I don't think you're taking this too seriously; I know I would be! It is better to be serious about it than to blow it off and not care what happens. ^_^

Linda said...

Ha! People told us to do that too! I did not think burying something in the yard would do any good. (Sorry if that offends anyone)
It's just that I think it is all in God's hands and it will sell in His timing.

Even though we humans stress and worry...it is amazing how God is right on time!

Like with us, our house didn't sell before we closed on our new house, but it sold within two months and so we got to move in our leisure. And that was a blessing for us older people! We could take a few things at a time each day and put them away and think about where we wanted everything a little at a time.

It may have cost us double payments for two months...but it was worth it only having to move once.

If it had sold before our new house was ready we would have had to move out, and store our stuff and rent a place until the new place was done...and that would have been stress.

So I would say that God's timing was perfect in our situation. The only thing we needed help with was our big furniture...and church people helped one afternoon...and then it was all done! (:>)

Yup! God's timing was perfect.

{:miss v:} said...

That is a little funny!

I, however, don't think you're taking it too seriously. I personally don't believe in those types of things as I believe it puts the Lord below it which isn't honoring Him. Almost like treating it like a god.

I think you're doing the right thing by not doing it and the Lord will bless you because of it! Good for you!

Katie rayn said...

Kuddos to you! Statue? Blah! There is a family out there who is supposed to buy your house and it will happen when they get the hint!

Shine Like Stars said...

You're not being silly at all! God is very clear about who we are to put our hope and trust in - Him. He is also very clear about false idols. Good for you for listening to the Holy Spirit on this one!
We couldn't sell our house and had 2 mortages for 10 months and people were so insistent that I bury that Patron Saint of whoever that they even sent him to me. I politely refused. :)

Veronica said...

I totally agree with your decision not to buy that statue. We put our faith in the Lord and not in anything else! I will be so excited when the house sells and you can share your story of how the Lord worked it out! Hoping someone puts an offer in SOON!

Mich said...

I think you are making the right choice. In fact some may think I am being too serious, but it sounds too much like putting your faith in an idol. I think I will stick with the true God with this situation. His perfect timing...

Jenilee said...

praying it sells soon!!!

Lauren said...

Agree with you there! Amen - trust in the Lord and nothing else!! (specially not some silly statue!) God is going to write this story in a way that will AMAZE you! :)

Amy said...

I am with you...trust in God.
Hugs,
Amy

Becca said...

I read about someone else who did this. There house still has not sold and it has been quite awhile so.... HA! It's in God's time not some little statue. I hope you do get an offer soon. I know it stresses you out!

Julie said...

Umm...I'm with you on that one. That's just bizarre.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

I'm with you...trust in the Lord! Praying it sells soon...