Today was pretty much NOT the greatest day ever! We had plans to get up, get lunch, and go have a picnic at the park and play. Well, as soon as I saw Madison's face this morning, I knew something was wrong. Last night, she woke up with her ear hurting and Morgan put some drops in it. When she woke up, she told me she had put a paper towel under her ear and when she pulled it away, it had blood on it. I was starting to freak out at this point (on the inside only, of course) because my girls have never had any problems with ear infections or anything like that. I looked at her ear and it had crusty blood all over it and when I looked inside her canal, you could just see the yucky infection all in there.
So, I called the pediatrician and they're like, she is seeing her last patient of the day right now. What? At 11:30am?! How annoying! Then I called the local county clinic and they were all booked up. I didn't think there was any way this could wait, so I remembered the other night I was on a local city chat site and saw that an urgent care clinic just opened up across the street from the hospital and people were giving it rave reviews. I even told Morgan about it the other night and said that was good to know. That must have been a God thing, because had I not known about it, we probably would have sat in the ER literally all day long!
It always makes my heart sink when my girls get sick. Mostly, because I hate when they're sick, but also because it always makes me feel so horrible to have to ask Morgan to leave work to take them to the doctor. :( I am so thankful that he is such a good Dad and husband and that even though he doesn't understand my irrational fear of doctor's offices, he always helps me out.
Turns out, Madison has an ear infection and a perforated eardrum. It should heal on its own and the doctor said it wasn't a big deal. Whew! I just felt so bad for the girls though because they had big plans for today and tomorrow, for Spring Break.
So, we decided to play games instead. We played Scrabble and then the girls played Trouble and Candy Land while I cooked dinner. A little before we started playing games though, Kaylee came in the living room crying because it hurt when she went to the bathroom and she said there was a little blood. Freak out time again! Thank goodness, we still have antibiotics from when she had strep throat and I had D-Mannose (which is excellent for UTI's). I'm pretty sure she has a urinary tract infection, which she has never had, and this came totally out of the blue too!
So, all that, plus Lily has been coughing for several days now. Kaylee was already feeling better tonight after taking the meds and Madison is doing fine. I just felt so under attack today and coupled with my pregnancy hormones and the overwhelming feeling of failure due to this stupid anxiety junk, I was just at my limit by the end of the day. I think I would've had a total breakdown if it hadn't been for my sweet blog friends who encouraged me through email and texts!
I am praying that all 3 girls feel better soon and I wanted to thank everyone who prayed for them today. Hoping tomorrow is a much more boring and normal day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Man, it seems like its the week for ear infections and sickness! I'm so sorry you had to go through something with all three girls. But you did a great job and you should feel proud of that!
Since Ben's been out of town this week, it's been rough having Evan with 2 ear infections, pink eye and a cold, oh and did I mentioned, throwing up a few times? I'm ready for a break!
Hope your Friday and weekend are much better!
My goodness - I'll be praying for the girls to get well soon! What a shame to be sick on spring break week. I love the colors of their rooms!
Bless your hearts! Anxiety or not any momma would be at the end of her rope! Hoping today is MUCH better!
I am so thankful we can all be here for each other and lift one another up when we're in our weakest moments. I was telling Fern last night how I had just had such a great day and was thankful that the Lord gave me that so I could be there with you. I cherish our friendship and feel blessed I can be a part of your life, esp during the rough parts. Lord knows how many times you've been there for me!
Hope the girls feel even better today and you all will have a great weekend! Love you lots!
I agree with Veronica...we can all be there for each other...and that is such a blessing, because we all have our bad days and our down times.
Sorry it all happened at once...but it looks like things are already getting better...praise the Lord! (:>)
I love it that we can all pray for each other. That is a neat thing about blogging and facebook...it opens up the opportunity to let people know we need prayer!
Stopping now to pray for each of your girls...and for you and Morgan.
Love, Momma Linda
Hang in there. Praying for ya!
hope the kiddos are feeling better and you all find time to relax and have fun.
Elaina had a perforated ear drum recently. She didn't have bleeding but it was incredibly painful and affected her hearing (it was like her ear was so clogged with pus she couldn't hear us).
Praying she feels better!
I hope the girls are feeling better
Post a Comment