I'm sitting here waiting for my girls to get home from school. Lily and I caught the cold that everyone else had this past weekend. :( I've felt so horrible and then Lily woke up in the middle of the night with it. So, Morgan volunteered to pick up the girls for me today. They're getting out at 12:30 today, because we *might* get some sleet/snow today. Yes, the whole town is preparing to shut down just on the chance that we might get some ice. Us Texans just don't know how to function when this kind of thing happens!
I watched the news and they said it's supposed to start around midnight and should stick to the the ground all day tomorrow, anywhere from 1 - 4 inches. Woo hoo! We'll take what we can get! Schools are already canceled for tomorrow, so we're going to just stay in and play in the thin sheet of snow that we may or may not get tomorrow. Ha! Lily was already planning what things she needed to make her snowman and then I had to tell her that there probably won't be enough snow for a snowman. LOL!
It's just really crazy for us to ever get any snow and we've gotten snow in 2004, 2008 and 2009. So much for global warming! :D Hopefully, I'll have some snow pictures to post tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Ha! I told my kiddos 3 years ago when we moved here that SETX just doesn't get snow! Ha! Jokes on me!
How much fun if you do get snow! You can have some of ours!! Our poor kids here today still had school even with the temp being below zero!
Oh, I hope y'all get something! Enough for your girls to have fun in it! Glad y'all will be home in case it does snow / ice. Stay warm and feel better soon!
Hope you get enough snow to build a snowman. Your girls will love it! We have been out of school for 3 days now because of about 16 inches that we got a couple of days ago. The kids have had a lot of fun hearing the message each day of "no school" for the next day. Lots of cheers went forth from this household!! :)
Well goodness gracious....I can't believe this crazy weather everywhere!
You girls take care and start feeling better real soon.
Love, Momma Linda
With tomorrow, school will have been closed 4 days this week! We are all iced in, and the Super Bowl is in town. Guess where the roads are cleared? LOL!!!
Enjoy...was just going to say what I see Kate already said. You can have some of ours! =) Maybe you can even make some snow ice cream!
I'm sorry you guys are feeling under the weather! That's icky! I hope you feel better soon!
Us Californians would probably be the same! Since it's been years, and I mean YEARS, since any snow has appeared in the bay area, we'd probably be in lock down too! haha!
Poor Lily! I bet she was really bummed that you guys didn't end up getting that snow! :(
Post a Comment