We woke up this morning and ran to the window, in anticipation of the big snow of 2011, and this is what we found:

The whole City of Houston shut down for that. LOL!! The girls were very disappointed! But, at least they get a day off from school, which works for me because I still don't feel good! :( Lily is sick too, so we are just going to rest today. There was ice on the roads this morning, and of course so many people didn't listen and got themselves stuck out on the overpasses. As they always say in Texas though, if you don't like the weather one day, just wait until the next day and it will be totally different!
My Stepmom was sending me pics this morning of all the snow they got. They live about 4 hours north of us, near Ft. Worth. How crazy that everyone is coming to Texas for the super bowl and it really does look like the frozen tundra up there right now!
I would like to ask for prayer for one of my church members too. His name is Seth and he is a police officer. All I know is that he was run over while on duty yesterday and is in ICU with bleeding on the brain, broken vertebrae, and other things. It sounds horrible and they have an infant daughter. I'm sure his family would greatly appreciate our prayers.
8 comments:
Will certainly pray for Seth. That sounds just horrible. Hope you feel better soon, too!
oh no! That's terrible - I am praying for Seth and his family now... how sad.
So sorry there was no fun white stuff on the ground today. But a free day off sounds great! Hope everyone's feeling better soon!
If you want snow I can share mine! I hope you start feeling better and enjoy your relaxing day. I will pray for Seth. Please keep us posted with updates!
So sorry about your church friend. John and I will pray for Seth, and his family.
Sorry you and Lily are still feeling icky. I will pray for you both.
I did the Leslie Sansone 2 mile brisk walk today...with the stretchy bands, and I am surprised that I could make it through...but I did! Yay! This past month I have been doing the 1 mile.
Love ya,
Linda
I will definitely being praying for Seth and his family. That's horrible.
Hahaha about the 'snow'! It seems like the midwest is in a completely different world than California. There is no sign of rain or snow! Just 70 degrees and brightly shining skies! I think we may even skip over winter here!
How sad! I will say a prayer for their family.
And, sorry about the snow being just ice. We got a whole lot of ice too and those just 4-6 hours ahead of us got 18 inches of SNOW! can you imagine THAT in Texas? :)
Praying for Seth and family.
Your pic made me smile...sorry the snow missed you. Definitely wouldn't mind sharing if I could! We just got about six more inches of snow earlier today!
Said a prayer for Seth and his family. That's just awful!
Sorry about the lack of snow in your neck of the woods! I was laughing at all the silly things they were calling this snowstorm, like Snowmaggedon!
Post a Comment