I just wanted to say thank you SO much for all of your sweet and encouraging comments on my last post. I am so incredibly blessed to have met so many wonderful friends here on this blog! I love y'all so much!!
Out of the ugliness, exciting things are happening! God is always faithful to bring beauty out of what others intended for harm. Kate left me a comment yesterday and her suggestion for my new business name was "Hope Handmade." It's so funny too, because I kept thinking about "hope" and I thought maybe I should just name my shop "Hope Unfolding", but that just didn't seem quite right. I also had been thinking about using "handmade" in my name too..........but, I never put the two together! Ha!
By the time I got done replying to Kate's comment, I just knew that was the name! I love it!!! It goes along with my blog, so I won't have to start a separate business blog. It has special meaning to me and it also goes along with my very favorite bible verse, Jeremiah 29:11:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I was mostly just SO overjoyed because the night before, I had specifically been praying for the Lord to just help me find the perfect name. And Kate said that it must have been God, because that name just popped into her head. Love it! Best of all, the url was available! Every name I had thought of before was already taken.
So, I now own www.hopehandmade.com and it will take you straight to my Big Cartel shop that I set up! Y'all will laugh when you see my shop.....it's so plain and boring! But, I bought Photoshop Elements and I'm determined to learn how to use it so I can make me a pretty header for my shop! I opted not to set up a website like I had for my other store, because it just seemed like having a big cartel shop would be much easier and would have all the same features, and I will be able to change the design easier, instead of having to hire a web designer every time.
I know I always put the cart before the horse on these kinds of things. I haven't even designed my products yet, but I hope to have an awesome empty shop soon! Haha! I still need to go get my DBA (doing business as) from the county and a new sales tax permit. Yes, this will be a legit business just like Summer Suzette Couture always was. :)
I'm just really excited, mostly because of the way it all worked out! God is amazing!!
I also wanted to wish Veronica, Amanda, and Stephanie the best weekend of their lives! Amanda and Stephanie traveled to CA today to visit Veronica! I sure wish I could have gone! I am just not to the point where I can fly across the country yet, but I'm not giving up hope that we WILL meet one day!! I know the girls are going to have a blast and I can't wait to hear all about it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Love the name! It's perfect!! =)
I think the name is perfect! Love hearing how it all played out between you and Kate (and God!)!
Awesome name! Great job Kate! Can't wait to see the shop all set up and ready for business!
I love the name! It's perfect for you! I'm so excited to watch as you develop it! :)
I LOVE the name!!!! It couldn't be more perfect.
I'm so jealous of the girls CA trip :) Wish I could be in the sunshine right now.
Cute name
Sounds like you are off to a good start Kristin. Isn't our God simply AMAZING? He works all things together for our good!
I am SO excited about the new name and the new business idea!
LOVE the new name! I figured you were going to do something with the "hope" and I think it was a great choice! The first banner you made turned out really great too!!!
I hope this year brings wonderful things for you and your business!
Totally missed you this weekend! I'm still holding onto the hope that we will meet someday soon! Love you lots and I'm so excited about your new business name and very proud of your logo design work!
Post a Comment