Christmas Stuff!

I participated in a Christmas ornament exchange over at Veronica's blog and it was so much fun! I made a new friend, Amanda, and she sent me this BEAUTIFUL ornament! We were supposed to send an ornament that represented our state in some way. She sent me this ornament because she is from Arkansas, and it is the diamond state. My girls thought it was so beautiful too! This picture really does not do it justice. (Someone please tell me what buttons to push on my camera to make it work right! LOL!! It's a shame to have an expensive camera and not know how to take good pics with it!)
See that angel in the picture above too? My Mom gave me that ornament and it is so special to me. It was made to commemorate 9/11, but every year it just makes me think of her.

I found this pretty ornament today at Cracker Barrel. I went back to look at more ornaments. I have been so amazed at how inexpensive they are! I think this one was less than $4! It says "Jesus is the reason for the season."
I've been running around the past two days like a chicken with its head cut off! I've been running errands the whole time Lily's been at school and still not having time to finish them. Then, I had decided to make gifts for the girls' dance teachers and almost ran out of time yesterday to make them before Kaylee's class. And there were goody bags to make too.

Again, this is the most horrible picture, but I thought these turned out pretty cute. I got the idea from someone's blog. I got this glass canister for $1 at Hobby Lobby and I already had the ribbons. I bought the pink vinyl to cut out the letters with my cricut. I wanted to be more creative than just putting "dance", but again........I barely had time for that!

Anyhow, I just took a piece of elastic I had, sewed it in a circle to fit around the top of the jar, and tied the ribbons onto it. Once the ribbons were all tied on, I just slipped it on there. Then, I applied the letters and voila! Oh yeah, and added the candy. I guess it cost me about $3 and that's mostly because of the candy.
Tonight, I sat down at 8pm to finally help Lily decorate her stocking (made out of paper) for school, and wouldn't you know it.........we were totally out of glue! So, I had to make a run to the dollar store. That was just how my day went today. LOL! It was non-stop all day long. I somehow managed to cook a roast in between all the times I was in and out today. I would just stop the oven when I left and turn it back on when I came back. I am too paranoid to leave the oven on when I'm not here. And I know I could do it in the crock pot, but the oven is just easier to me.

So, that's what's been going on around here this week. :)

9 comments:

{:miss v:} said...

Wow! You have been busy! You are so thoughtful and those gifts were so pretty!

I love your ornament too! What a fun exchange to be a part of!

Hope your week slows down a bit for ya!

Caroline said...

It's that busy time of year. I have christmas parties next week the last week of school , going to finish my shopping in the morning.

Sounds like a fun exchange.

Hope you get some time to rest.

Caroline

Unknown said...

Ha, I am the same way about the oven, sometimes I won't even leave a ceiling fan on!! Wow, you are busy! The jars were so cute! I am sure the teachers were very appreciative!

Unknown said...

PS- I LOVE Amanda, she is so sweet and has a beautiful spirit!!

Jenilee said...

not-stop all day long... I know the feeling! :) your ornaments are really cue!

Veronica said...

Thanks so much for doing the ornament exchange! I thought you might enjoy meeting Amanda!

The ornaments are so pretty and I wish we had a Cracker Barrel here! Sounds like an awesome place!

The gift for the dance teacher turned out perfect! I can't wait until I get a Cricut! I put it on my bday/Christmas wishlist and a little birdie told me I'm getting one for sure! Can't wait!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Tis the season for crazy busy, huh? I love Cracker Barrel!! Cute ornaments...

HappyascanB said...

Love the diamond ornament! So cool! I've had the hardest time finding a good one for Veronica. . . . Grrr.....

Becca said...

Those are such great ornaments! One thing I love about Christmas is going through all of the old ornaments at my Mother's house that holds so many memories.

What a cute little gift for the dance teachers! It definitely looks like something that would be super over priced at a boutique! Cute!!