I Interrupt this Blog...........

........for an exciting announcement!!!!!

I am just SO excited right now because I am reading the greatest book!! I don't even remember how I stumbled across it, but I know it must have been a God thing. I've been feeling sorry for myself all week due to some issues that I'm not sure will ever be resolved. BUT, I don't even care about that right now because I know that God is working!

I found this book called "Chazown" by Craig Groeschel. I just started reading it yesterday, but it has a whole website devoted to what the book talks about. The whole idea of the book is that God has a vision/plan/purpose for all of our lives, the specific reason we were created, and if we look at our experiences, core values, and spiritual gifts and how those three things intersect, we can easily find out what the vision for our life should be. The idea is that we shouldn't just stumble through life meaninglessly, but we should live our life with purpose, which we can certainly do once we can discern exactly what God's purpose is for our life.

This is a biblically based book and obviously I could study the word deeply and come up with the same conclusions. Sometimes for me, it just helps to have someone walk me through it, which is what this book does. The word "chazown" means vision. I have been praying A LOT about what God's purpose is for my life. I can feel it in the depths of my soul that God has something more planned for me. I know that if God makes you passionate about things that you never cared one iota about before, then most likely there's a reason for that! I cannot, do not want to, and will not be content until I am fulfilling God's purpose for my life. I sometimes wish I were, because this life is HARD and I haven't even begun yet!

"Everyone ends up somewhere. Few people end up somewhere on purpose." --Craig Groeschel

At the end of my life, I want to be able to say that I already knew how it would end, because I lived it with that specific purpose in mind!

Anyhow, so far I learned that my spiritual gifts are:

discernment, prophesy, craftsmanship/artisan, writing, and evangelism

I'll be back once I figure out what this all means. :D

7 comments:

Linda said...

That sounds like a good book Kristin. I know that we all have a purpose in life. God has a plan for each of us. And I love it that we have spiritual gifts to be used for Him.

You are such a jewel! God has no doubt put you in my life for a reason. Many reasons probably. You are also an encourager...and a teacher. As you learn you eagerly teach and help others.

I love you.
Momma Linda

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great book. Thanks for recommending it. I will also have to read it.

Kari said...

You're excitement is so contagious. I love these posts from you! Sounds like a great book that you will glean much from.

Veronica said...

I love the last line of this post and I think it's so awesome that you are feeling so close to a breakthrough!

I know this week has been tough but I want you to remember that everything happens for a reason. The Lord knows your heart and he sees everything! Love you lots!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

I love the title of your new blog! Finally got myself over here! Love you, girl...

Mich said...

Sorry, been out of the loops for a few days...just found the new blog.

glad I found you, friend. :)

Thanks for the prayers.

Katie said...

I am going to have to get that one!!! I say what he says all the time. I want to find my purpose, and I do feel sorry for myself sometimes when I feel like no one else around me gets it? I feel a lone. I do want to serve the Lord and I have been through a few things that I can see He has used to mold me for my ministries. Awesome I will look for it.