Great Week!

Despite Lily having a horrible cough and missing the whole week of school this week, it was a great week! She didn't feel bad, she just had this yucky cough that wouldn't go away. She's much better now though!

This week, I got my coffee for free at Starbucks twice and I won a $10 gift card to Starbucks over at Mimi's blog! Now, if you know me, you know that makes for a GREAT week!

Every now and then, I'll click over to read Exemplify Online. I heard about it on Lauren's blog and they have some great articles. This month's issue was a really great one! I especially could relate to this article, about how hard it can be for an introvert to make friends, especially later in life. When I was in high school and college, I already had friends and we saw each other all the time, so it didn't require much effort. When I worked, same thing.....we were together every single day, so friendship naturally just happened. But now that I'm a SAHM, making friends requires intentional effort on my part and honestly, it can be so overwhelming to me. My insecurities come out and it's just easier for me to hide out in the house and talk to y'all.

I started making some headbands this week for Summer Suzette Couture and I really had fun making them!
This weekend is our Grand Opening for our church. All of the construction details of our new building have been completed and now we are going to begin the process of "building the church." Not the physical church, but the people part! It has been 2 years since they held their first meeting at a local high school. Then Hurricane Ike came and kind of set them back a few months, but here we are! We are hosting Comedysportz tonight at our church. It's just a fun comedy group that performs and is an improv style. I think it will be so much fun! They've already reached capacity and had to bring in more chairs than what we have. Yay!

I feel like, when I hear the story of how our Pastor felt called to start this church, and how he gave up everything to do so.....well, it's like one of those stories you can look back on and hear and see how God worked all along the way. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for those involved, how lonely it must have been at times, but how thankful I am that they did not give up! Just think about this: right after they had their first meeting, Ike came and left my Pastor's family homeless for months as their house was repaired. That was the enemy at work. They could have given up, but they didn't, and a few months later on a Saturday, I suddenly changed my mind and decided to check out this church instead of the one I had went to before. That was the Holy Spirit at work! It's just amazing!

Finding and being a part of this church really has changed our lives. I posted this verse on facebook the other day and it's exactly what I think about, when I think about what God did for me. All those years I prayed, He wasn't ignoring me. He was just lining things up so that we would end up where we did:

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. -Psalm 40:1-2


Have a great weekend friends!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

how beautiful!! Do you want to be featured on the handmade pact? I need to get it advertised and up and running! :)

Holly said...

Cute headband!!! And I hope the grand opening of your church goes well!

Sarita Boyette said...

I'm so glad you found the church that was exactly right for you. Hope the grand opening turns out great! Love the headband!

Jenilee said...

congrats on the starbucks cards! wow! and SO fun! :) sorry about the cough though and her missing a week of school... poor thing! hope she is doing better!

He & Me + 3 said...

I hate the cough...glad Lily is better now.
So glad you got your gift card...enjoy!
Those headbands are so cute. you are just getting way to creative. Great job.
I hope that the Grand Opening goes well and lives are changed for Christ this weekend.
Hugs,
Mimi

Vaudeville of exhilaration said...

I really felt good reading this post..Regarding the content about the church and God, I have always seen that if we believe in God and have our determinations intact,we achieve anything and everything..Sometime,he takes a little time in giving us wat we want,but as you said, these are the times when he lines up everything accurately to give us the best..

The Pifer's said...

Love that headband, it's adorable! Your business is just booming!!

XOXO

Kate said...

Glad Lily is feeling better!! Hooray for God working in your life and in your families, love ya! Cute headband, too!

Veronica said...

I love how the Lord worked things out so you could find a home church! He is so good and I love how you remembered that it wasn't that He was ignoring you, rather, lining stuff up with his will! So awesome!

Katie said...

I love the headband, I want one, lol. Church is going well for you all. How wonderful, life has been crazy hasn't it? I am now a Taxi service too!!