Dance, Shop News, and a Post Office Rescue!

Dance started this week!! The girls are loving it!

Kaylee is taking tap, ballet, and hip hop jazz.
Madison is taking ballet, jazz, and lyrical.
I just shipped out my last custom shirt order for awhile. I'm going to take a break from custom orders since it's so busy around here. I'm working on new one-of-a-kind headbands and hair accessories though and I am also planning to work on some dolls to add to my shop! :)

Today, Lily and I went to the post office to ship out some orders before picking up the girls from school. We got back in the car after shipping my packages, I turned the key, and NOTHING. It was one of those moments where you actually think to yourself, did I not do it right or something? LOL! Like how can you mess up putting the key in the ignition? Ha!! I couldn't believe it though. I had ran errands earlier today and my car was fine. It never acted up or anything. And here it was, time to pick up the girls, and my car was completely dead!

And of course, Morgan didn't answer his phone. His Mom didn't answer her phone. Lily was already sweating in her car seat. Luckily, when I called Morgan's work, he and his Mom were both there! So, his Mom picked up the girls and he came and tried to jump start my car. It wouldn't even jump start, it was so dead. So, he went and got a new battery and it started right up. They even exchanged the battery for free because it was only a little over a year old.

I was just so excited because the whole thing didn't even upset me! Something like that before would have sent me into a panic and I would've been freaking out. But today, Lily and I just stood in the post office until Morgan came and rescued us. Haha! I was just glad it happened at the post office and not in the middle of the pick-up line at school. Now that would have been embarrassing!

9 comments:

Sarita Boyette said...

Kristin, I have really enjoyed your last few posts - I got a bit lazy about commenting! Forgive me, I have read all you wrote! Happy birthday again to all the celebrants,and I'm glad you stayed calm today when your car wouldn't start.(((HUGS)))

Katie said...

How cute. Happy you got your car situation figured out. Depending on what time of the month it is I would react different, lol. THe girls look so cute!

Linda said...

Your little "mini~me~s" look so cute! Did you take dance when you were a kid?

Glad you kept your cool when the car incident happened...(I think it was the Lord helping you) (:>)

Things like that are so frustrating sometimes...but everything happens for a reason.

We can learn so much by just taking each step with the Lord.

Love you!
Momma Linda

Kate said...

Wow! I am so glad you felt at peace with the whole thing!! Cars are so tricky and I have zero clue what I am doing with them!! So glad the girls are liking dance!!

Stephanie said...

What a morning! You know, I was talking to Veronica this morning and she was telling me how she's been amazed to see God working in your life to help you overcome these moments of panic. Now I am amazed too and so thankful you are trusting in Him, dear friend. So glad everything worked out and that you were able to stay calm. God is good!

Becca said...

That is so awesome the car issue didn't even phase you. I would have totally been freaking out!

So excited to see all of the girls dance things throughout the year. They are going to have so much fun! Is Lily going to take dance this year too?

Love that little Minnie shirt. I can't wait to see your new bows and headbands!

He & Me + 3 said...

Agent's car died the other night too. Yep but his is $500.00's to fix the alternator. Glad yours was an easy cheap fix.
Love that shirt...super cute.
Yeah for dance classes. What is lyrical? Sounds very cool.

Holly said...

Bummer about your car but glad you were able to finally fix it and it's a plus they exchanged the battery for free!

Veronica said...

Glad all of that got worked out and you remained calm through it all. That's great that they didn't charge you for the new battery either. Always feels like if it's not one thing it's another on the budget!

I love that shirt too! VERY cute!