Yes, It's Me Singing!


I am joining in on Jenilee's walk down memory lane today. Click on the button above if you want to participate too. It's fun!!

Our wedding was almost 11 years ago, so the wedding video we have is a VHS tape and is not very good quality at all. As the years go on, it gets worse too. I really need to take it to someone and see if they can transfer it to a DVD. But, until then, I had this bright idea to use my new Flip video camera and just record it off the TV in Madison's room.....she's the only one who has a VCR on her TV. LOL!! I know it's horrible quality and sound, but I do feel better that I have it archived somewhere else besides that one VHS tape!

I laughed and cried while watching it. It was so funny to see how young and different we were. And it was also nice to see my Mom again and hear her talking. Today though, I thought I would share this one clip of us doing the unity candle.

I've talked about this before on here. We did our unity candle and the plan was to play "Because You Loved Me" during this part. The recording we played was of me singing. The Pastor was supposed to say that before it started, but he totally forgot. So, I'm sure everyone was wondering why we were just standing there while this song played. Ha! He did end up playing it again and telling everyone at the reception.

Morgan had no idea I had planned this, so during the video, you can see me trying to tell him that it was me singing! He had a mic on his jacket for video purposes, but no one in the audience could hear us. Anyways, about 1:30 into the video, you can see me telling him again and he finally gets what I'm trying to say. At first, he thought I was just trying to say that the song represented what I wanted to tell him. Haha! Then, he finally understands that I'm trying to tell him that it's me singing. You can see him say, "No way!" LOL!! Cracks me up. :D

So, I always say that I love to sing, but I'm not American Idol material or anything! It really wasn't about my singing, it was about doing something special for Morgan. My Mom convinced me to do this for our wedding and I'm so glad that she did. It's a story that I will always remember.

8 comments:

{:miss v:} said...

What a fun memory! And you have a lovely voice! ;)

My parents have a bunch of old home videos still on VHS and I really want to get them on DVD's too. I'd really hate for anything to happen to them, they're just precious to me.

Holly said...

How sweet! I like that you sang the song and you sound wonderful! :)

Jenilee said...

you sounded great and I love how you had to tell him that it was you! so cute!

HappyascanB said...

Did NOT know you could sing! How've I missed that!?!?! Love the video!

He & Me + 3 said...

It was beautiful. You two are so cute. I loved hearing you sing. Great job and what a great memory. I love love love that song too.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

That is so sweet! I didn't know that you were a singer, did I? I'm so forgetful!!! You are just beautiful in your wedding dress...and i loved your singing. What a sweet post this was. Love that song...

Love you, girl...

Angelica said...

You have such a nice voice. That was such a sweet thing.

Libbie said...

That is really cool! I think it actually turned out pretty good...you know it just gives it that home old home movie look :) I have been wanting one of those little cameras...I think I will put it on my Christmas list...my Mother's Day order is already in :)