Kaylee got 2nd place for her fish picture. The thing I love about Kaylee's art is that she always uses tons of colors! It's kind of like her signature style :)
So anyways, I read in their newsletter that the baby bottle blessings campaign was coming up. This campaign is a fundraiser and how it works is you pick up baby bottles from the center and hand them out to your church members. The church members take them home on Mother's Day, fill them up with spare change and bills, then bring them back on Father's Day. All the money goes to the pregnancy center. Isn't that such a neat idea?! So, I saw this was coming up and I thought, Oh I want to do that! Then I thought I wasn't sure if I wanted to deal with it. I knew it would probably make me nervous. But then, I saw it being announced again on facebook and I decided to just go for it and see if my Pastor would be interested.
He said we could try it and see how it goes, so I went yesterday (finally!) and dropped off my things I'd been wanting to donate and picked up the baby bottles. On the way there, I was listening to the radio and they kept playing songs about stepping out in faith and I just smiled and knew that was the Lord telling me I was doing the right thing. I had told Him that this wasn't about me, it was about Him and I was going to do it no matter what. Isn't it funny how we get ourselves all worked up sometimes over nothing too, especially those of us with anxiety disorders......it really was not a big deal at all! But, I knew that this was a step in the right direction, of being the person I want to be, of being who God made me to be.
This is the song that played on my way there. It ended right when I pulled into the parking lot of the pregnancy center. I promise, I could not even make this up if I tried! You have to read the words to it.....can you believe how perfect they are?!!
I know I haven't posted my church post for last week, but I just can't get motivated to blog about much of anything lately. I'm not sure why, but I really haven't wanted to go to church or bible study lately either. I hope it's just a season that will pass.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day!!
10 comments:
Congrats to your girls! I think their artwork is beautiful. The fishy is so cute and the rodeo - she does good with water color!
There you go again, stepping out of the boat - what I love about you! We could all learn a lesson from you!
Thank you for having a heart for others. It is priceless.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day and I hope I can find my notes. Everytime I sit down to write, I'm thinking of you because I would love this info to help give you some answers!
love ya!
Wow your girls art work is fabulous. i love them both and the fish reminds me of the rainbow fish. Super cute. I love the bottle idea full of change. That is awesome.
What a cool idea! I hope it turns out to be a major hit at your church!
I know what you mean about not feeling like going to church sometimes. I feel like that sometimes but I know that it's not about what I feel like doing. It's about what God wants me to do, so I keep going. I'll admit, once in a while, we'll play hooky and have breakfast somewhere fun but since I help out in my mother.in.law's Sunday School class, it's not an option that often. That's another reason why I started helping out. That way I'm kinda 'forced' to go, then I won't be tempted to skip church, it's really about keeping me faithful, ya know?
Also, I would be interested in hearing more about your anxiety, if it's not a problem for you. Since I have an anxiety disorder as well, it would be interesting to hear about someone elses story.
Just let me know if you feel comfortable talking about it!
Have a great weekend!
Proud mom, what great artists you have.
I love your heart and giving spirit.
As for the church thing...sometimes when we do what we know we need to do, despite not wanting to, we receive the biggest blessing. Hang in there.
prayers and blessings...
Happy Mother's Day!
Proud mom, what great artists you have.
I love your heart and giving spirit.
As for the church thing...sometimes when we do what we know we need to do, despite not wanting to, we receive the biggest blessing. Hang in there.
prayers and blessings...
Happy Mother's Day!
Wow! That IS perfect! And I'm so excited you took that step of faith.
I have decided church is hard because it makes you look at yourself really hard and fix the things that are wrong. A lot of time at church I swear that the pastor is talking directly to me. We have been doing a wonderful series about relationships and giving up control in them. I think the pastor said "Hey Mindy, you are a control freak so stop it! Ok maybe he didn't but the tightness in my heart made me feel that way. Hang in there. Good luck with your baby bottle project. It is freeing to stop looking at yourself and focus on helping others. Thank you for stopping by my blog and for praying for me.
First of all, I LOVE this song! My favorite part is where it says "You were made for more so don't be afraid to move." This is one of my new favorite songs!
Second, I'm so proud of you for taking that step and going to the pregnancy center. You are being a part of something very special!
I also love the girls' art, esp all the colors in Kaylee's fish!
Yay Madison and Kaylee!! Their artwork is so adorable!! They both look so happy too.
And congrats to you for taking that step. I think that fundraiser sounds like a really great idea and I'm sure meaning others will too.
Awesome! I am so excited that you stepped out! What a cool idea! Let us know how it goes! PS-their pictures are so good!!
Post a Comment