The first award was for perfect attendance. At first, I didn't even have my camera out because I was thinking how my kids never get that award! Then I remembered, oh wait!! Madison did get perfect attendance this year!!!!! Can you believe it?!
The next award was for A honor roll. Her final grades this year were:
97 in math, 98 in science/social studies, 99 in grammar, and 97 in reading!!!
She also scored perfect on her TAKS tests, except missed 1 question on the writing one. Hooray!
She also got called up for Citizenship Award (making all E's in conduct), UIL 3rd place Spelling winner, and Star Student.
She gets to move over to the Intermediate school next year for 5th grade and she's really excited about that!
Her final grades were:
96 in math, 99 in science/social studies, 97 in reading, and 97 in grammar.
Their expected reading level for her grade is 20 and hers is 34. She actually started out the year on 20.
(I only took video of her walking across the stage to get her award, but with the flip camera, you can capture snapshots from the video and save them as pictures to your computer like I did for this one. It's not the best quality, but pretty neat feature to have!)
They just don't have as many awards at Kaylee's age to be eligible for. She did make all E's in her conduct too, but they don't recognize that at her school. So, Madison's ceremony lasted FOREVER and by the time we finally made it back to Kaylee's school to pick her up, she was already in the cafeteria eating lunch. They were allowed to go home after their ceremonies, but Kaylee had to wait until I was done at Madison's. It was neat though, because I got to go back to her class with her to pick up her things and I got to see her teacher and tell her much we loved having her this year. She was wonderful with Kaylee and really helped her with her reading and helped her to be more confident socially and academically. She said that if she could have a class full of 1st graders like Kaylee, that would be a dream come true. Teachers really are the most important people in our kids' lives, I believe!!
After school, Madison's friend Bailey was having a pool party, so I took her to that and she had a blast! Then, last night we went to our bible study group and had dinner. I have been so exhausted these past few weeks! Every day has been something to do, something to remember, need this slip signed, need money for this, need to go to this, etc. I am SO glad that school is out! I slept until 11:30 this morning!!!!! Thank you Morgan for letting me do that! The truth is, I could sleep that late every morning if it were possible. Ha! I am not a morning person!
Okay, I'm just rambling now. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!!!
9 comments:
YAY!!! You've got yourself two smart little girls! You have every right to be one proud momma!! LOVE both of their outfits. That picture of Lily is so sweet.
oh how excellent!! It sounds like you have some pretty amazing girls on your hands there!!
YIPPPPEEEE! What a wonderful post, I am so excited they did so well! Keep encouraging them, one day it will pay off! :D
AWWW -- YAY!!! Such awesome girls with an awesome mom!!! :) That's so great!! :)
Congratulations to all your girls! My oldest son is going to intermediate school also! I'm sure we'll both be experiencing interesting 5th grade transitioning experiences! LOL
Be Blessed!
Congrats to the girls on their awards and doing so well at school!!! Way to go!
I know you are proud, wow!!! yipee I am happy for all of you.
Awesome job girls!! Wow! You have some pretty smart cookies on your hands!! Yea for sleeping late. I could totally sleep late everyday, but Miss Molly has a wake up call around 5am everyday!
Congrats to both of your girls on all of their achievements! You should be so proud. I know that you are!! Love that picture of Lily and Morgan too. So cute!
BTW, I am not a morning person really either. And I could sleep really late too, if everyone would let me. :)
Post a Comment