What Difference Do It Make?

What difference does it make? That is the question we all want to know, right? If I give my $10 here or $20 there, if I give a homeless man a couple of dollars, if I donate a little to a worthy cause, will it actually make a difference??
The enemy spends a lot of time trying to convince us that if we can't give alot, then why bother at all. But, there is SO much evidence to the contrary!! That is why I love the whole Advent Conspiracy idea. If we all just bought a few less gifts at Christmas and sent that money to build fresh water wells in underdeveloped countries, it can change thousands of lives! It IS changing thousands of lives!!! And it's all being done in Jesus' name! Take a look:

Thank You for Conspiring! [AC 2009] from Living Water International on Vimeo.
(If you become a fan of Living Water International on facebook, you will see the updated statuses of all the wells they have completed, where they are, how many people they will serve....you can even see it on the map. It's really neat!)
So, today for my 400th post (amazing, huh?!!), I would like to give away the book, "What Difference Do It Make?" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. This is the follow-up book that they wrote after "Same Kind of Different As Me" and it has many stories of how people responded to the first book, and what they did to make a difference. I would like to thank Thomas Nelson Publishers for sending me this free copy to give away to you! You can read what I wrote about it here, when I first read it.
Love is such a powerful thing and when it's done in Jesus' name, it is amazing to step back and just watch it in action. Watch it get multiplied, see the ripple effect..........because with Jesus, it's not about the money. It's about what HE can do when we make a choice to love others. It makes a HUGE difference!
To enter for the book, just leave me a comment. One entry per person. I will draw the winner's name on Sunday. Now, go out and love someone! :D

12 comments:

HappyascanB said...

Congrats on 400 posts! That's awesome! I've got the book, so don't include me in the drawing; give it to someone who hasn't had the pleasure of reading it yet! It's awesome!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow 400 posts already? Congrats. I would love to win that book. I love your heart Kristin & so does our heavenly father!

Kate said...

Wow, 400!! Gosh, I am a slacker!! Congrats :)

Holly said...

Congrats on your 400th post! I actual met mine on Caring for Carleigh not too long ago. Crazy to think you've made that many posts!

Kari said...

You're heart is so big and so receptive! Love you for that! Congrats on your 400th post - you go girl!

the Spocks said...

Congrats on 400 posts that is awesome!! I would love to win a copy of that book. I need to read it,

Brandi said...

Kristin, I love your posts! They always tie in with something I have thought or felt that day.

Wow! 400 posts! Congrats to you!

Enter me into your drawing - I would love to win the book!! :)

Chris said...

Hey Congrats on your 400th post! Leaving my post and I reached out to "love" you today! Pls enter me for the book!

christy rose said...

Congrats on 400 posts Kristin! I can not even imagine being there . I haven't even gotten to 200. Great job! And Great giveaway too.

Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

Congrat's on your 400th! Wow has it been that long? You are wonderful and I love reading your blog! Keep it going, girl!

Veronica said...

I cannot believe you've already written 400 posts! That's awesome! I think I'm somewhere in the early 200's now and I've only had my blog a couple of less months than you! :)

How cool that you were given a free copy of this book. I would love to win it and I guess if I did, that would probably mean I should finish the first one, right? :) I've been terrible at finishing books lately.

Anyhow...I just want to say that I love your heart and the love you have for those in need. I know the Lord smiles when looks down at you!

Love ya!

Jane Anne said...

OH, I bet that is a wonderful book! I have been familiar with Advent Conspiracy for two years. Each year since then, I am making progress on spending less and giving more relational gifts. Such a powerful message! Thanks for the chance to win the book.