Last night, Morgan was working up at the church again, so us girls got to go to Kaylee's softball practice. Morgan has been taking her to practice, so it was fun for me to get to go and watch her.

In her age group, I believe they get 3 coach pitches and then 2 hits off the tee, or something like that. So, they practice both.
Oops.....missed that pitch.

There you go! She has gotten really good at hitting, compared to last year. I'm so excited for her games to start! Although, it's going to be super busy because she has at least 2 games per week and dance 1 night a week. I'm not sure how long we can keep up with doing both. We'll just have to see.
Madison takes 2 dance classes, and I limited Kaylee to 1 since she wanted to play softball again. I'm not sure how we'll juggle it all once Lily is in dance. I really don't like to limit them, when it's something they really enjoy. But on the other hand, sometimes it just gets to be too much for them to be gone every night with homework and everything.

So, how do y'all handle your kids' activities? Do you limit them to 1 thing or do you try to juggle it all? The good thing about dance is that it's just practice up until recital and they are all in the same recital, so it's a very easy activity for them to all be in without me having to miss anything.
10 comments:
How fun! I'm not sure how we'll deal with Evan's activities. I too want to allow him to do the things he enjoys but I don't want to over work him! haha!
I know what you mean about being too busy. We have a rule that each child can only do one activity at a time. So, if they are in soccer and basketball practices or games would overlap, they can't do both. They just weigh out which one they like best for that season and they make the decision. When I was a teacher, I constantly had kids that were either tired or didn't complete their homework due to going from one event to another when they got out of school each day. I told my husband back then that we were not going to do that when our kids were old enough for activities. :)
Blessings,
Amy
Well, we haven't put Kyndra in anything yet and Hannah mostly lives with her mom so we haven't had to deal with any of that yet. I think it is good to put a limit on how much they do b/c it can become to much for them if they're constantly going from here to there.
Fun! this is the first year my son didn't want to play baseball anymore. I am not going to know what to do with my spring nights.
Looks like she will be a softball star this year. Cute.
What fun! But I can totally see how it can get crazy busy! I'm looking forward to Thad getting involved in extracurricular activities, but I'm not too thrilled about how much work it's going to take to get him there! : )
Love the pictures!!! Very cute!!!
We just juggle everything (so far). It is extremely hard at times, but Bryson has such a huge heart for all sports, he would be devistated if we made him choose. So we will wait until he is ready to let some go. Brenna is starting other sports so we are still trying to find out which she likes. So far everything, but we will continue to let her decide all she wants to play as well. My children have learned so much more from sports other than just the game. We feel it will also help keep them focused as they grow. Not just sports but any activity. I know many people that only play 1 sport or activity at a time. I think each family is different, So far this works for us.
That is awesome that she likes to do softball. None of my girls were ever interested in doing any sports at all. Maybe their brother ruined it for them because He played so much baseball and they pretty much had to go to all of his games. I think it made them like it less instead of more. LOL
Anyways they all do dance and always have since they were 4 or 5. I let them do whatever they wanted as long as it only took up two nights of the week or afternoon because they did not do sports. but then Josiah took up most of the other days or nights with whatever he was doing. I just tried to make it be a family thing that we all did together. Sometimes it felt like that and sometimes it didn't. Anyways, all of my girls still do dance. And Rachel and Olivia are even helping in younger classes now. But it is all on one evening. Rachel and Olivia are gone for 5 hours on Monday nights and then they are done with dance for the week. But, Josiah still is somehow preparing for the baseball season almost every night of the week. It can get really hectic and busy and scattered but it is just part of life that kids want and should be involved in social activities that they enjoy. I just have to make sure that there is time some where in our lives for all of us to be together once in awhile. :) I think as kids grow up we have to adjust our schedules to make sure that the important things are given priority and it takes a little effort but it can be done and then you just roll and live the life that comes along with allowing your kids to be and do the things that they enjoy and get involved and be with them doing it. Wow that was long. Sorry. :)
Thank you so much for your comments on my blog....I was also skeptical and blown away that there are real needs for adoption here...plus I thought that since we have bio kids no agency would take us. Boy was I wrong! Apparently, most all domestic agencies across the country, but particularly in the deep south (GA, FL, AL, MS and SC) have a definate need to place AA babies. And for sure, it is SO hard to find adoption blogs and gottcha day videos of domestic adoptions.... not the support group like adopting from Ethiopia! I'm hoping "domestic" families can sort of band together and change that! :) Blessings on your day!
I think it is so awesome that Kaylee is both in dance and a sport. I think there are too many momma's out there that put their kids in what they want them to be in and not focus on what their children actually want! I am sure that it can get very busy with all of their schedules though especially once Lily starts up! You are doing such a good job with those girls!
Post a Comment