I've been meaning to tell you about these super cute flip flops that I ordered the other day! Amy, who is adopting Elijah from Ethiopia, told us about Melanie on her blog one day. Melanie is a teacher at Amy's kids' school and they have decided to adopt from Ethiopia too! God is doing some amazing things over there in TN!!In order to raise funds for their adoption, Melanie is making these cute flip flops in any color that you want. I ordered mine in hot pink (surprise, surprise, huh?!). And they come with a really cute fluffy scrunchy to match! The girls and I have been loving that scrunchy! It's so soft and gentle on our hair and really cute and fluffy.
So, I thought I would tell you about them so that you could order some too! Who doesn't love a super cute pair of flip flops?! And don't forget that by ordering some, you are helping to bring her child/children home!! What could be better than that?
*****************
Well, the construction at the new church building is going well so far. Morgan worked out there all day Saturday and most of Sunday afternoon. I was surprised that only a few guys volunteered to help. Even so, they got almost 2 rooms framed and are making great progress. If you could pray for them, I know those who have volunteered must be getting very tired. Hard manual labor will just take everything out of you (I'm assuming.....y'all know I know nothing about that! Ha!) Anyhow, this week is crucial because all the framing has to be completed so that the electrician can do his work by Sunday. Sunday, we have a team from Waco coming in to do the sheetrock, so everything else has to be done by then!
Hope everyone has a great week!!
11 comments:
I know how it is sometimes when a church depends upon members of His body to get a job done. If we look to them then we can get discouraged but in the end it is God that orchestrates it all and everything works out in His perfect timing. I am so excited for you and your church.
This is just so amazing that God saved your hubby...and boom!..He had a job for him to do in service to Him. God is so amazing.
Those flip flops are cute. Of course you would get "Hot Pink"....you girlie girl. (:>)
I think it is so wonderful that all of these people are seeking adoption. Another wonderful thing God is leading people to do!
I can tell you that what you and your husband are doing for the church is I'm SURE a huge blessing to your pastoral staff. Thank you for serving!!!
I am so happy you ordered some flip flops from Melanie. She is so sweet and I am so happy for her family.
Blessings,
Amy
hey, thanks for your comment...Yes, i can totally relate to the fear of travel!! I'm from KY and never have been really anywhere...Our compromise was that I would travel and my hubby would stay home..it worked well for us..You all could do the opposite...Addis Abba is VERY safe and a very nice place to visit. The plane ride was relaxing and quiet (which i enjoyed)...AGCI holds your hand the whole way through which is nice...There was never a minute that I didn't feel very well taken care of. My hand up was leaving my kids, and that was solved by one parent staying home...hope this helps...through God you can find the strength for anything...take a sleeping pill, pray and you'll wake up in AFrica (or where ever you are adopting from :) kristi
You are so sweet, always helping people. Kind kinds lady. Wish we lived closer, maybe someday.
You are so sweet, always helping people. Kind kinds lady. Wish we lived closer, maybe someday.
The flip flops are super cute! I've actually seen how they use the fun fur yarn to add that embellishment onto flip flops! So fun!
I'm glad that Morgan is able to help out with the church building project. What an awesome way to use his gifts and talents for the Lord!
P.S. I giggled a little when I read the part about you and manual labor! :)
what cute flip flops and that is awesome how involved you are with your church and the help that you two are giving to get everything ready.
The flip flops are really cute! I'm so glad that your church is growing!! I will be praying for those working on the church :)
What a cool thing! The tops look so soft!! Praying for your church!
Post a Comment