You're Part of Me

I was sitting here checking on my favorite blogs and this song by Barlow Girl came on the Gospel Music Channel. It's called "Never Alone" and it's one of those days where everything I hear and read is exactly what I needed to hear and read! Do you ever have one of those days? I don't believe they are a coincidence. My favorite part of the song is when she says, "We Cannot Seperate because You're part of me." I LOVE that part of the song!!! I get so excited when songs speak to me like that. Also, right now "While I'm Waiting" is on..........I LOVE that song too! I love the Gospel Music Channel!!

I've recently started reading Amy's blog, Filled with Praise, and if you haven't visited it yet, you must go over there and read what the Lord is doing in their lives! They have decided to adopt a baby boy, Elijah, from Ethiopia and they are doing everything it takes, including putting up her wedding rings for sale, just to bring him home! How many of us would be willing to do that? Her post today spoke straight to my heart. She was talking about not fearing the unknowns and not worrying. If I could learn these two things, my life would be dramatically changed! She also said, "we are not meant to live in a comfort zone." I just have a feeling the Lord knew these things are exactly what I needed to hear. It's like He sat me down, and gave me a little talk, through her blog.

I hope you will go visit her. They are selling bags, hats, and t-shirts to help raise money for their adoption and they are really cute! I just bought a pink t-shirt and I can't wait to get it. On the back it says, "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves." You all know how much adoption means to me and I thought to myself, what if no one had spoken up for me when I was a baby? What would've happened to me? What kind of person would I be? Adoption is truly a beautiful thing.

Head over and visit Amy's blog! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

10 comments:

Kari said...

Wonderful post and so awesome that you mentioned Amy's blog. I've been talking with her about doing a special post regarding their adoption and adoption in general. So glad others are being led to help them out. Amazing ladies you two are :o)

Veronica said...

You know, I haven't really heard much of the Barlow Girl's music before. This was such a powerful song. When it started off slow, I was waiting somewhere for the rock part to come in because I remembered that they are more of a rock band. I just might have to go check out their CD sometime soon. I love my newer Kari Jobe CD but I've listened to it so much that it's starting to get old. I think I listened to that CD at least twice all the way through yesterday while working on hats!

I will definitely head over to Amy's blog. I think I may have seen her button on Linda's blog? Sounds like God's really working in her life!

Love ya and talk to you later!

4 Blessings said...

Thank you so much for these beautiful words. You will never ever know how much this means to me that others are able to see God's work in our lives and share His story. God bless you and your family.
Blessings,
Amy

Kate said...

So, I love that song too! I feel like almost everyday I hear or read something that God is trying to tell me or encourage me with! I guess I need it a lot, since it's like everyday! I am going to check your friend's blog out, thanks!

Holly said...

Thanks for sharing Amy's blog. I like the While I'm Waiting song. I often find many uplifting and positive things from the blogs I read. It really helps!

Mich said...

Great song and blog recognitions.

Linda said...

I am so glad that you bought a shirt to help Amy bring her baby boy home! That's awesome! I am sure that God is going to work everything together for good. And I can't wait to see it all happen.

You have such a tender heart. You are open to God's call and He does guide you and use you to help others.

And he speaks to you in so many ways and then confirms it by having you hear it again through another source. Isn't that fantabulous? ((smile))

Our God is an AWESOME God!

Chris said...

You have got me thinking, hummmm, I LOVE Michale W. Smith, when he sings his songs, I fall to my knees because his songs go deep! I am so thankful God has bless such great talent to ones we love listening to!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is a fabulous song. I will totally have to stop over to Amy's blog. Thanks for the link. Isn't it great how God uses people and things to speak to us exactly what we need to hear. I love that about HIM!

christy rose said...

What a sweet post Kristen. I will head over and meet her.