Things on my Mind

Yesterday, I heard about Sara's story. I knew that her situation was "very grave", but I had faith and believed with all of my heart that God could and would heal her. I prayed all day for that. Still, I know that my plans are not always in line with the will of God. It's so hard to understand why these things happen. I was so sad to hear about her passing. Even while waiting at dance last night, I prayed. I believed I would come home and read the news that she was getting better. I wanted that for her family so much.

Yesterday,while waiting in line at school to pick up the girls, I thought of Sara and I just rejoiced. I rejoiced for my life! We have been talking about having only one month to live at church, so it's been on my mind, but when you hear about the death of someone way too young, it just reminds you that tomorrow is never guaranteed. Today, this day, is my life. I know what it's like to have someone you love be just fine one day and then the next day, they are lying unconscious, on life support, and given no hope. Life can be taken from us just that quickly.

The only thing I keep thinking is, what about those people that don't know Jesus? What can I do to convince them that they cannot wait until tomorrow to make the decision to follow Him? People that don't know Jesus don't want to hear about what He's done in my life. They simply don't want to hear it. I know people that no longer read my blog and I believe it is because I talk about Jesus on it. I feel like I walk a fine line on what I write about, because I know if I share too much, I will be tuned out because "there she goes again with her religious talk", but it is so hard to keep quiet when so many wonderful things are happening every day, and they have nothing to do with religion.

I hear people say all the time that you cannot preach to others. You have to show them Jesus' love by showing them what He has done for you. Once they see that, they will want to know Him too. I just can't help but feel that I'm not doing enough though.
Why are people SO afraid to love the Lord these days? Why can't I simply share my love for the Lord without feeling like I'll be judged as a crazy person.......people asking what's up with me because I'm all 'religious' now?

I think too many people today just assume that everyone who is a good person is going to Heaven. Just about everyone thinks they are going to Heaven these days. I love Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort's Living Waters ministry, where they walk around and ask people if they are a good person. Have y'all ever seen those? You should see some of the hateful comments they get on their youtube videos....simply because they get people to confront the fact that they aren't as good as they think they are. Here's one of their videos:

Well, those are just some of the things that have been on my mind lately.
In other news, I ate breakfast with Kaylee this morning at school and then we went to her book fair, which was fun. It was nice to see everyone gathered around the flagpole this morning in prayer too. Tonight, we have our lifegroup meeting, so that should be fun! Hope everyone is having a great day so far!!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Girl, I hear ya! I was so saddened to read about Sara and then to know she went to Heaven. Don't worry about being to much of this or too much of that! I am over that and you should be too! Be who God wants you to be, and if you feel called to write about the Lord, then write away! Plant seeds, water them, watch them grow, that's what our blogs should be about! Love ya!

Holly said...

I was heartbroken to hear about Sara. My heart just aches for her husband and her newborn daughter. I think it's great that Kirk is out talking to people like that!! And he did a great job!!

Linda said...

Krissie, (Sorry, pet name...mom's do that!)...just keep being you and love the Lord and share your faith, cuz believe me,.. YOU are a blessing to others!

Lynnette and Abigail and I just absolutely love it when you share the Lord on your blog and all that He is teaching you. And we are crazy about you too. It is sad when some people don't "get it", but we can pray that someday they will, and we can just keep loving them and letting Jesus love them through us.

Yes, I love the K. Cameron street ministry. I have seen it several times and both John and I rejoiced over their work out there amongst the lost people on the streets. I pray that the Lord will open people's hearts and minds as they witness to them.

Well, I need to close for now. I am so sorry for Sara's husband family and her baby. I will pray.

Love, Linda

He & Me + 3 said...

I am so sorry to hear that about Sara. So So sad. God has a plan. Nothing bad happens without reason. I wish I had the boldness and the means that Kirk has to street witness. Wow he is awesome.

Mich said...

Praying for the family of a beautiful woman today.

Thanks for bring this to my attention.

Veronica said...

There used to be a time when I was afraid to talk to anyone about the Lord. I was embarassed at what people might think of me. Over the last year a lot has changed and I have started to see my relationship with the Lord in a new way. I feel bad now that I wasn't bold enough before to share about my relationship with the Lord.

Just know that the Lord is using you in a mighty way and even though some people might refuse to listen to the truth, the truth is always right there in the back of their minds. Like we talked about earlier. God's word doesn't return void. Keep doing what you're doing!!!

As for Sara's family, I am grieved too by the loss of a mom and a wife. I pray that her family will feel the Lord's peace during this difficult time.