We've been super busy celebrating Birthdays over here.
Today is my Birthday and Madison's 9th is tomorrow, but last night she had her friends over for a sleepover.
I made the mistake of letting Lily know about this present, so when Madison got home from school yesterday, Lily told her, "Shhhh! I can't tell you about your Barbie because it's a secret!" LOL! We all had a good laugh over that.
I wanted to say Thank You to Veronica and my best friend, Jennifer, for always being there to listen and just be wonderful friends. And thanks to all of my sweet bloggy friends who sent me Birthday wishes too!!! I love y'all so much! You just have no idea how much that helped me this weekend. I've realized that I literally HATE my birthday every year now, not because I'm getting older, but because my Mom is no longer here with me and my Dad hasn't even called to wish me a Happy Birthday. But, I woke up this morning singing a praise song in my head, and I can't remember which one it was, but I do know that it had something to do with Jesus being all I needed. Amen to that!
I debated on whether to even write anything today, because I didn't want to pretend to be all happy and thus be fake. So instead, I decided just to be honest, because life isn't always perfect, right?
I did at least escape today for a few hours and go to a local Christian bookstore, Barnes & Noble, and Starbucks. I got the Kari Jobe CD, the new Leeland CD that was just released, a craft book on "Fun Dolls", a Beth Moore book, one of the Left Behind books called "The Rapture", and a Twilight bookmark. The bookstore is one of my favorite places to go and it was exactly what I needed. I listened to the entire Kari Jobe CD on the way home, because it takes me about 40 minutes to get home from B&N. I loved every minute of it!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
11 comments:
Thanks for keeping it real, and girl, I am always here for ya! Sorry your birthday didn't turn out the way you would liked or expected! I love that you got Madison a sewing machine, that is awesome! I actually just used mine last night. It's therapeutic, I swear! I love that Lily told the secret, so precious! Have a great rest of the weekend and I love you! xoxo
Happy birthday!
Hang in there girl.
I pray God sends you one of His special "hugs."
Happy Birthday!! :) It looks like very fun times!! :)
Hey! I'm glad you got to get out and have some alone time. Sounds like you got yourself some great birthday gifts! :) Glad you liked the Kari Jobe CD. It really blesses me everytime I hear it. Of the entire CD, think there are only a couple of songs I don't really like, but the majority of it is awesome!
The girls looked like they had an awesome time! Nothing like a little girl drama!
Love ya and hope you have a nice day tomorrow!
glad ya had a good b-day!
It looks like madison had a ton of fun. she is so pretty in every single pic! For my 9th birthday party...trust me...there was A LOT of drama....lol! :0)
Kristin,
Delighted to meet you! Your girls are simply precious and of course Feliz Cumpleanos (Happy Birthday in Spanish).
Blessings from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn
Okay, so I'm behind....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I'm so sorry I missed the actual day.
What a fun thing to do - go browse and buy from the bookstores. I haven't done that in YEARS. Soon I'll need to. It's a wonderful way to have 'me time' and since our B&N has a starbucks inside - it's wonderful.
The party looked like so much fun. My parents always let us have sleepovers and they were always involved in us having a blast. What a great mom you are to let them be girls and to play and have fun. That doesn't happen at every house. I Love the cookie! We use to do that (well, my mom would make them) and what wonderful memories.
Yay for the sewing machine!!!!
And - the beach barbie. Yes, we own them all. And my thoughts on that - why can't I look like them in a bikini??? Haha!
Sorry I missed your day. I hope your weekend was great :o)
Happy Birthday to you! I know this is late. I think I really would have enjoyed the alone time at B&H. That's something I don't get to do often enough.
The girls seemed to have tons of fun and I hope the blessing you had from that helped to brighten your special day.
Happy Late Birthday! I am sorry you were feeling down! We all love you very much and I just hate that!
It looks like Madison had a great birthday party! That was such a neat idea with the foil! I love that you got Madison a sewing machine! Before you know it she will be contributing to the Summer Suzette products!
Happy Birthday!!!
It looks like Madison's 9th birthday party was a great success. The tin foil dress up is a super great idea. The pictures are great! What great memories that you are making for her.
Glad you got to give yourself a treat too.
Christy
Post a Comment