Birthday Blessings

I've learned so much these past few months about how different life is when the Lord is a part of it! It's amazing how many blessings will be poured out on you, once you make Him a part of your life.

My Birthday was just an example of this. I received so many sweet wishes for a great day, most from people that I've never even met in real life, and that meant more to me than you'll ever know!

The first gift I received was from my sweet friend, Veronica. She sent me this friendship Willow Tree angel. Willow Tree angels are my absolute favorite things. I have a little collection of them, some were my Moms that I had given her, and each one is so special to me. Truly, the Lord knew exactly what He was doing when he brought Veronica and I together. Our friendship is one of the most important parts of my life and this angel is so symbolic of that friendship and how the Lord blessed me with it.
Lily told me, "Momma, we have to go put it over there!" and she helped me find the perfect spot for it. I love it, Veronica! It is so special to me.
Saturday, after I got back from the bookstore, Morgan and the girls gave me a present. He got me a new laptop! I've pretty much worn the keys off the one I have now. LOL! Also, he gave me a present that my MIL had brought over with 2 pretty dresses inside.

Kaylee drew me this picture:

And, Madison hand-stitched this little purse for me:
With a poem inside!
Roses are red, Violets are blue, I wanted to say, Happy Birthday to You!
There's just nothing sweeter than handmade gifts from your little ones!
Then today, I checked my post office box and I had received the most beautiful necklace from my friend, Linda. It is so pretty, and unique, but what is so very special about it is the meaning of it.

It says "set free". There is no better way to describe what the Lord has done for me than those two words. Linda is just so special to me, and for her to send me something so meaningful......well, it's something I will treasure forever!
It came with a card that said, "Released from the past and all that held me captive - welcoming each day with my wings spread wide....soaring into the future and all God has for me!"
And on the other side is the scripture: "I cried to the Lord, and He answered by setting me free." Psalm 118:5 How perfect is that?!!
Linda and I like to joke that she has adopted Veronica and I as her own, so I call her Momma Linda! I love her so much and consider her such a special treasure in my life. I know the Lord knew how much I missed my Mom's loving ways, so He sent me Momma Linda as an answer to my prayer.
I am so very blessed!

12 comments:

Chris said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I just had one on the 28th, but much older than you! I hope you had a great day!

Jenilee said...

Happy Birthday! Love willow tree! I am looking for a mom with 3 girls but haven't found it yet. :) Love the necklace too. have a great day!

Kate said...

So sweet! I am so glad God has been very present in your life!

Kari said...

You are so blessed. I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful day. Gifts from friends, hand made gifts from your girls and the new laptop so you can continue on with the friends you still have yet to meet :o) Have a sweet night, my friend.

Linda said...

Hi Kristin,...I am so glad the necklace came,...and also glad that you like it. I just knew the Lord wanted me to send it to you.

I Love the angel that Veronica sent you too. It is so nice, and that was sure sweet of Veronica,...she loves you.

The girls gifts were precious, and Morgan's was great too. You are sure loved girl!

Ok, I have to go to bed cuz I am zonkered from our day at the amusement park. Gotta get some rest so we can go back tomorrow. This vacation stuff makes ya tired! (wink*)

Love Momma Linda

He & Me + 3 said...

You had a blessed day. I love that blogging friends send each other things to brighten our days. They will never know how much they impact us on a daily basis. Sounds like you have sure made some great friends.

Veronica said...

Hey! Sorry I didn't read this post sooner. It was a long day for me and I went to bed early. It's after two am over here and I woke up a little while ago so I decided to come to the computer! :)

I am so glad you had a great birthday. The gifts from the girls were just the best! I love their gifts because they are so heartfelt and genuine!

I also love the necklace that Linda sent you. It's so unique and special. I am also thankful for her taking me under her wing and "adopting" me too!

Well, I'd better head back to bed! Love you lots and talk to you in the morning!

HappyascanB said...

Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like you had a great day! Linda is truly a God-send!!!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday! What wonderful gifts!! :)

Laura said...

God has truly blessed you!!!

christy rose said...

You most definitely are so very blessed. Every sweet gift is a treasure in itself. I am glad that your birthday made you feel special because, "you are!"

Becca said...

You got some really great gifts!!! I am so jealous, all I get is dinner and I am honestly lucky to get that! Ha!

I really LOVE willow tree too! I could spend a lot of money on them things if I had the money to do so lol! And you are so right that the best gifts are handmade by your kids. I can't wait to get ones from the girls that Daddy actually didn't do!

That was really sweet too of Linda! She is a pretty great woman!