If you would like to join us in Monthly Monday Poetry, click on the picture above to find out how.
The Invitation
I arrived at my destination.
I knew it was where I'd go.
They were there to greet me
with more love than I'd ever known.
The colors were so vibrant,
Unlike anything I'd ever seen!
The skies were more than blue.
The grass was more than green.
The beautiful sights
were overwhelming to me.
They were more than any child
could ever imagine to see.
So enveloped in such wondrous love,
I had no thoughts of life before.
If they could see what it was like
their tears would be no more!
Sweet children danced,
hearts filled with glee.
Their circle opened up
to make some room for me.
Then suddenly I felt His presence,
for we were dear friends, you see.
My Jesus' excitement was very real
and it was all for me!
His joy was contagious!
I couldn't help but smile.
I was so glad to finally see His face
and chat for a little while.
We talked about those I left behind.
He said they'd be okay.
"One day we'll come to greet them,
but that will have to wait for another day."
"The plans I have for them aren't done,
and as they tell others of your story,
Those they tell will be led to me
and it will all be for our Father's glory."
I hugged Him tight. I was finally home,
and I knew they'd understand.
It was my time to be with Jesus
even if it wasn't what they'd planned.
I watched Him as He held them up.
They felt his sweet embrace.
They never doubted He was there,
though they couldn't see His face.
And when it was time for them to join us
Jesus' heart filled with pride
as I took my parent's hand in mine
and invited them inside.
by Kristin Myers, April 2009
6 comments:
WOW! Beautiful, Kristin!
Found your blog through Kelly's Korner and fell in love with your blog!I just wanted to let you know about my blog giveaway to benefit the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. This giveaway is for Paula Deen’s 10 piece cookware set. Check out my blog for more details about entry. Thanks for looking. Tiff
Absolutely beautiful Kristin! Heaven is going to be so incredible! I can't wait to be greeted in Heaven by my beautiful sister, my brothers (whom I am really anxious to get to know!), and so many other people...and I can't express my feelings on just thinking about my first physical glance at my Father's face! :D The One who gave His life for me...who has been with me through every little trial and affliction in my life...who has given me countless blessing, a thousand laughs, a precious family (the object of my constant adoration)...incredible friends (like you! Always encouraging me!), and so much more. I can't wait to jump into His open arms and finally see the love in His eyes! IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING!
Thanks so much for getting me so excited about eternity! I have a giant smile on my face right now. :D
I love you so much, dearest!
In His arms,
--Abigail
Beautiful thoughts of heaven, Kirstin! What a day it will be when we are finally with Jesus! I can't wait, it will be mind blowing. God bless!
Kristin,
What a beautiful poem! You have such a gift! I haven't written poetry since elementary school. I would probably be terrible at it if I tried.
Just wanted to say thanks so much for the sweet comments today. It was a miracle that you know who let me put his picture on my blog but I just wanted everyone to see Alyssa with her Daddy. I will work on putting up more pics. I just wonder if people will get tired of seeing pictures of my girls. I guess it really shouldn't matter considering that it's my blog.
Hope you had a good day and I will email you tomorrow!
Love,
V
Oh, Kristin, thank you so much for sharing this with me!! This ministered to me so deeply. What a beautiful, beautiful picture of heaven through the eyes of a child! I could just see Jesus holding Titus in his arms!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't tell you what a joy this poem has brought to me today!
Love ya!
Joye
Post a Comment