Everything I Ever Prayed For


Today was awesome!!

I woke up and got ready for church. I didn't expect Morgan to go. I didn't ask him if he was going, but about 10 minutes before we were to leave, he asked what time we were leaving and he got ready to go with us!

When we got there, Lily was actually excited to go play with the kids. After the service, she didn't even want to go home!

We got our family photo back that they took on Easter. I was cracking up at Lily's expression. Can you tell she was terrified to look at the photographer? LOL!! I think it's a really good photo though. I was pleasantly surprised and it will be funny to remember that Lily was going through her "I don't like strangers" phase. This photo is extra special because it was taken on the day when we all went to church as a family for the first time!

I loved the sermon today too. We talked about death, in general, and how we have two choices about where we will go when we die. We talked about how the body will die, but the soul will live on. We talked about how salvation is a free gift, but we have to accept it. We talked about once you accept it, your name will be written into the book of life. The last thing we talked about, that really got me to thinking, was about how we will be judged on our work that we did while we we're here. This made me realize that just being saved is not enough for me. I don't want to just escape through the flames (1 Corinthians 3:13-15). I want to live a life that the Lord will be proud of.

We also sang David Crowder's "Everything Glorious". I was so excited!



Morgan asked me if I was happy that he went to church with us and I told him that I would never make him go if he didn't want to, but that I was glad that he went with us! He said that he liked it and that he liked learning. He was also surprised that everyone remembered his name. This church is something special. It's everything I ever prayed for. Everyone is so nice, it's a place I feel comfortable, the music is great, the Pastor is awesome, it's bible based, the kids love it, everyone is welcomed with open arms, and their mission is to "point people to real life."

We even went to Red Lobster and ate lunch afterwards. Yummy!

By the way, my friend Brandi warned me that once you start going to church, unexpected things may happen to get in the way of that. Well, wouldn't you know that when we went to leave today, my car was acting like it didn't want to start! LOL The battery light came on and stayed on the whole way to church. And, we went all day yesterday without power, but I still managed to get the girls a bath at 10pm last night. I'm determined not to miss church! And, the coolest thing is that I'm not going to church because I think I should or it's the right thing to do. I'm going because I truly enjoy it and want to be there. I don't want to miss out!

Thanks again for following along on my journey! Are you as excited about it as I am? What exciting things is the Lord doing in your life right now? I would love to hear all about it!!

17 comments:

Veronica said...

OMG!!!!!! I am soooooo excited for you! Love the family photo and I am beyond words excited that Morgan went with you guys today! God is so good! Talk to you soon!

Daphine said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I am so HAPPY for your family and this literally brought tears to my eyes. This post was truly awesome!
Praise the Lord for Morgan wanting to go to church himself and not being pushed. What a BLESSING! Thank you, Jesus!

The Lord is truly doing some things in my life too. As I was writing in my journal today, the Lord just started revelaing so many things that He is preparing me for. The Lord is really stretching me in many areas right now and it's all for good. I'll go into more details at the right time.

Girl, you are such an inspiration! Thanks for ALWAYS sharing what's on your heart.

Love you much!
Daphine

~ shi ~ said...

Hi,

i wanted to stop by and say Thank You for coming on over to my Blog! I just read your 100' and you sound like a person that if you lived close we could be friends! I can not believe you never held a baby until your own! go figure...I aslo had three girls, I never wanted to be anything except a mother and wife. I feel so blessed! I know you must be having so much fun with your girls! Thank You for praying for my husband, we need all the prayers we can get! Blessing to you and your family Shi~

Brandi said...

Kristin,
I am so happy for you! By making the decision that you would go to church - you had a positive influence on your husband and made him WANT to go with you - without saying a word and without NAGGING him! :) Today at church our pastor talked about how a wife needs to encourage her husband to be a man of God - just like you did! He said, simply tell your husband how happy you were that he went to church - because the words we say mean more to our husbands than they will ever admit.
Good for you for sticking it out and not letting anything get in the way of your journey!
Yeah!! I'm so happy for you and your family!!

Linda said...

Kristin,...add me to this list of people who are so happy for you about Morgan going to church with you. And I am excited that it was his idea. That is so cool!!!!

Abigail is still here spending the night again with me and I told her about it and she is thrilled.

The church sounds great, and I really liked the family picture.

The Lord is embracing you! And giving you the desires of your heart. I am praising Him on your behalf sweetie.

We had a good church day too. God is so good!

Gotta close now.
Love you,
Linda

Lynnette Kraft said...

That's awesome!

The family photo is great. You are a beautiful family.

Love ya.
Lynnette

Stephanie said...

How wonderful, Kristin! I'm so glad you had such a great Sunday and that, despite the obstacles in your way, you made it a point to be in church. I struggle sometimes with pregnancy to get up and moving, cuz I just want to stay in bed. Then, I get to church and hear an amazing sermon and enjoy fellowshipping with our church family...and wonder why I fussed about getting up and moving in the first place! We are having special meetings at church this week. Sunday morning's service was so wonderful - all about forgiveness and how we are to forgive as Christ forgave us. I look forward to going to more special meetings during the week. What a great refresher!

Jessica said...

God blesses us in so many ways...He continuously is blessing our family! Glad to hear that your service went well!

Becca said...

First off, that picture turned out beautifully! I, too, love Lily's expression.

Secondly, that is absolutely wonderful that Morgan went to church again with yall. I hope that continues, it sounds like he really did enjoy himself!

Christy said...

How wonderful! It makes such a difference when our husbands are involved spiritually. Keep praying, and keep the faith.
Blessings,
Christy

Katie said...

Kristen,
That is so awesome. I'm so happy for you. You all have a big target on you.. I know that is not fun, but when your doing something that is going to grow your relationship with Christ satan will do whatever it takes to cause issues. I will pray that you will both remain strong and stay committed to going to church. It must be hard not having your husband wanting to go all the time. I know this can be a strain. So happy that you had such a great day...

Jamimania said...

Kristin, that is so fabulous! :) I'm very happy for you girlfriend. God is so faithful... that's one thing that's for certain. I love the family pic and I think Lily's shy expression was sweet. Now that my kids aren't little anymore, I've decided that that sort of thing is cute. When I was a young mom I got uptight if the kids wouldn't pose perfectly. Now that they're teenagers, I can barely get a "normal" photo... you should see some of the poses and expressions they come up with. ha ha. Praisin' God with you, Sista!! So glad that your prayers are being answered. Have a blessed day, my friend.

Linda said...

Kristin, I posted a comment on my comments for you.

Joyeful said...

I am sooo excited that Morgan went with you!!! You are such a godly example. You aren't trying to twist his arm into coming and you're being so gentle. That is speaking louder to him than any message he will ever hear!

I am just so thankful for you, Kristin! You're heart to please your Lord is so beautiful. It's not about religion for you--it's about your relationship with Jesus and you have opened your soul up to him!

I love what you said about not just wanting to escape the flames but to really serve Jesus! That is so good!

I love the family picture, too! What great memories.
And of course I just love all your comments ^_^

Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

This is wonderful! I haven't been to church in a month of Sundays, back in November when I wrote this post about my journey to find a church: http://divaattitudes.blogspot.com/2008/11/tell-it-like-it-t-i-z-tuesday.html

Anywho, I am so happy for you. I mean, I can literally feel your joy through your words and am inspired by the fact that your love for God is doing wonders for your family.

It was just Sunday when I woke up and said that I was going to go to church, but didn't know where to go. I got on the internet and searched. I'm sure that it was God that ended me at a church that I use to attend about a year ago.

So, I will be attending and I really hope that I can expericen the joy that you are.

Denise Grover Swank said...

Kristin, I'm so excited for you!! Finding the right church is so hard and to have your husband like it too! Wonderful. Oh, and I loved the family photo!

melissa said...

I truly am so happy for all the wonderful things that God is doing in your life. I know that when I began giving my life, as an adult, over to God a little over 2 years ago, so much changed. I know attending church is only the beginning, but as I began serving the Lord and His children, surrounding myself with other believers, and praying on most every decision my life began to be more positive in every way. I stopped thinking of how I would survive in this wretched world and started thinking what is God's plan for my life and how can I help make the world a better place by honoring Him. I was blessed with a wonderful, healthy, happy baby boy, being able to care for children in a Christian environment to be home with him, and working with children at church . So many more blessing come to mind as well, but I just wanted to share a few. Thanks for sharing your story as well.