.....that you never really wanted to know!
Lynnette and Abigail both did these posts about 100 random things, and it was so fun to read neat and quirky things about them that I never knew. I'm not sure if you'll enjoy reading mine, but I thought it might be fun!
1. When I was little, I remember wanting to be a ballerina and a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
2. I used to have an imaginary friend named Julie.
3. My two childhood dogs were named Peaches (poodle) and Biscuit (maltese).
4. I had a cat named Limber Legs because my Mom accidentally shut his back end in the door when we were leaving one day, and his back feet were paralyzed for a short time.
5. I won the talent show in 6th grade with my best friend Shellee. We sang.
6. I think it was that same year that I was runner-up in the Spelling Bee.
7. I was 11 when I was saved at church camp. I was baptised on my Mom's Birthday.
8. I used to sing solos at church when I was little.
9. I first heard the song "Walkin' After Midnight" by Patsy Cline at my Meme's house when I was a young girl. At first, I thought it sounded hilarious. Then, I fell in love with Patsy Cline's music and she is my all-time favorite singer!
10. I love hearing "Amazing Grace" being played on the bagpipes.
11. I cannot read music, yet I was the Drum & Bugle Commander and played soprano bugle in The Brigadiers in High School.
12. One of my favorite movies is "Sweet Home Alabama."
13. I have a major southern accent. I used to talk to people from all over the US when I worked, and almost every single one of them would mention my accent. I think I just sound normal. :)
14. I went to the local community college for the first two years, and I was Treasurer of Phi Theta Kappa, the honor society for 2-year colleges. I got to take a trip to Washington, D.C. because I was an officer. It was so much fun!
15. I graduated number 30 out of 489 students in High School.
16. I didn't apply to any colleges in High School. I didn't even think much about it. I just went to the local community college because it was the cheapest and I could live at home.
17. I transfered to the University of Houston after 2 years so that I could still live at home.
18. I got a McDonald's scholarship for college. I have totally paid them back 20 times over for that money! LOL
19. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology, with a minor in Psychology.
20. I was going to be a Pharmacist, but discovered I hate chemistry.
21. I wanted to be a Social Worker and they didn't have an undergraduate degree at the time for that, so I did Sociology instead.
22. I had planned to apply to The Graduate School of Social Work, but got a scholarship to go to graduate school for Sociology. I quit after about a month of grad school.
23. My first job was at Target.
24. My first job after college was working for the State of Texas, Department of Human Services, interviewing people who were applying for food stamps.
25. I met Morgan in High School Spanish Class.
26. I graduated Summa Cum Laude from U of H.
27. Madison's Birthday is the day after mine. Her Daddy's is 2 days after hers. We almost got them all in a row!
28. Lily and my maternal birth grandmother have the same birthday.
29. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
30. "Napoleon Dynamite" totally cracks me up! Vote for Pedro!
31. I wish I could be a professional singer.
32. I bought a violin after Madison was born and I never learned how to play it. I still want to learn!
33. I love the sound of bluegrass music, like the way Alison Krauss sings "I'll Fly Away".
34. I haven't seen this movie in the video, I just love this song, so I apologize if it's offensive.
35. One of my biggest dreams in the world would be to sing at The Grand Ole Opry. It makes me literally tear up to think about it. I'm serious!
36. Just about everything makes me tear up. I'm very tender-hearted.
37. I like to dance around to Miley Cyrus songs with my girls.
38. I have been known to sing Taylor Swift songs at the top of my lungs on our karaoke machine.
39. I delivered all of my girls without pain medicine.
40. I almost had Lily in the bathroom at the hospital.
41. I am an only child.
42. My Mom worked at a hotel once, and Rebecca De Mornay filmed a movie there. I didn't get to meet her, but I did get to watch her film some of the movie.
43. I once applied to be in the Miss Teen Texas pageant, and I was accepted. I never did go through with it though, mostly because my parents couldn't afford the dresses and stuff like that!
44. I went to Prom with Morgan, just as friends.
45. I knew I would marry Morgan, even when we were just friends. I didn't know why, because I wasn't in love with him at the time, but I just knew.
46. The first car I ever bought was a red Mustang GT, 5-speed. Morgan said I could not buy a Mustang and have it be an automatic.....that's just against some kind of rule in his book. Ha!
47. The one thing I wish I had taken time to learn from my Mom before she passed was how to sew. She was an excellent seamstress and worked in a sewing factory, and her Mom did too. Oh how I wish I knew how to sew like them!!! If my Mom were still here, I am convinced that we would have a super successful business by now sewing cute little girls dresses and things!
48. I have skydived before.
49. I once sang "Grandpa" by The Judds in the talent show, right after my Granddaddy passed away. It was not planned. I had picked the song long before and his death was unexpected.
50. I wish I could write a book.
51. Morgan and I have some kind of addiction to buying and trading our cars back in. In our almost 10 years of being married, we've probably bought and sold about 15 cars between the two of us. I don't know why we can't just keep one until it's paid off.
52. Morgan and I have the same exact IQ. We took a test once.
53. Morgan could be a mechanic or a carpenter or an electrician if he wanted to be. He just knows how to do all these things. He's very talented. I never worry about if he lost his job, because he is so multi-talented that he could do just about anything. I'm serious!
54. Morgan is a licensed plumber, although he does not do this for a living. He works for his family's engineering and construction business (and they own a plumbing company too).
55. Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be writing things about myself, not Morgan.
56. I consider giving birth to be my biggest accomplishment in life.
57. I am fascinated by books on the afterlife and near-death experiences.
58. My favorite class in College was Sociology of Death & Dying. I loved Statistics too.
59. I have been best friends with Jennifer for almost 20 years.
60. I cannot believe I'm a Mom of 3 little girls. They are so precious.
61. The main lesson I learned from my parents is that "you can do anything you set your mind to."
62. I have never broken a bone or had surgery.
63. I went to Las Vegas on my honeymoon.
64. The only places I've been to outside of Texas are Louisiana, Virginia, Washington D.C., Nevada, and Cancun, Mexico.
65. I want to go to Disney World one day with my girls.
66. I love watching UFC with Morgan.
67. I imagined myself working downtown in a skyscraper, wearing a business suit, glasses, and my hair in a bun when I was younger.
68. I always had this thought in the back of my mind that one day I would be running a non-profit food bank or clothing bank for the less fortunate.
69. I always wanted to work in the field of adoption.
70. I wish I could adopt a child.
71. The smell of fresh cut flowers reminds me of funerals.
72. My birth name is Summer Suzette. It's so weird to think that I used to be called by a different name!
73. I want the story of my life to be a testimony to how God never makes mistakes. Everything that has happened has been part of His perfect plan.
74. I love Willow Tree Angels.
75. My favorite holiday is Mother's Day, because I always felt so incredibly blessed that God gave me the Mom that he did.
76. My Dad is a perfect example of what a Dad and Husband should be like.
77. I love watching The Young & The Restless.
78. I used to hate coffee, but now I am addicted to Starbucks. I just get their plain coffee.
79. I will not let myself or the girls out of the house without ironing our clothes first, even if they don't really look wrinkled.
80. I don't know how to swim, although I think I could save myself if I had to.
81. I have a fear of snakes. One day I was walking around the car in the garage with Lily, and a snake jumped at me and I think I jumped about 10 feet into the air! Luckily, it was a teeny baby snake and it was caught in a spider web.
82. I don't enjoy cooking. Thankfully, Morgan does!
83. I spend way too much time on the computer.
84. I love to read biographies, inspirational stories, and other true stories.
85. I'm no good at interior decorating. It stresses me out.
86. I wish I had grown up in the 50's, when women used to wear dresses just to go grocery shopping. I never wear dresses though, except to church or special occasions.
87. I always did my own hair for formal dances, Prom, my Wedding. I didn't trust anyone else to do it right. I'm too much of a control freak.
88. My favorite drink is Diet Cherry Coke.
89. I look up to my Aunt Barbara for singing at her local Liberty Opry. I hope one day to get the courage to sing either at church, or at the Liberty Opry.
90. I have no idea if I'm actually any good at singing. I do love to do it though.
91. I tell my husband that he could learn alot about me from reading my blog. Ha!
92. I don't think any of my family reads my blog, except my Mother-in-law. That touches me that she cares enough to read what's on my mind. I know my friend Jennifer reads it too.
93. I consider my biggest fault to be the fact that I'm very quiet and reserved.
94. I was seriously considering opening up a children's boutique. I even thought about having a really nice children's resale boutique. Not a junky one, but one that when you walk in, you can't even tell that it's resale.
95. The first baby I ever held was my own.
96. I loved being pregnant, but I'm one of those women whose feet swell up really bad and I usually look like a big huge whale. LOL!! I'm not one of those that just has a tiny round belly and nothing else.
97. I always thought I would have little boys when I was growing up. To have three little girls is a dream come true. I played with dolls until I was in Jr. High! I used to love to fix my dolls' hair. I guess I've always been obsessed with hair.........maybe that's why I like to make bows.
98. I think it would be so neat to have a boy for Morgan, although he doesn't really care one way or the other.
99. I love tropical smelling perfumes.
100. I am confident that if you met me in real life, you would find me super boring! LOL!!
You may have found this to be super boring, and if that's the case, I apologize! Ha!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh my goodness! You had me LOL!!! I loved reading all of these thing about you! After reading this, there are a ton of things that I could say that we have in common, but there also a bunch more things we don't have in common too!
For sure we both share a love for singing (even if we may not be pro status), & tropical perfume ( I love anything fruity).
So cool that you've got to experience skydiving. You will never in a million years see me do that! I am fearful of even the thought of that!
Hope you have a productive day!!!
I loved ever bit of it. We are similar in a lot of them. I can not sing but I do in church, God hears me. I sing everywhere but I'm telling you it is bad. You are very fun and I want some bows. Do you have any up on your site, I'm going to look. I need a few new ones, We have a few rough looking ones. Nothing like clean crisp ironed cloths and a new bow. One problem I hate ironing but I do it.
I loved readin these about you!! I just did it too and linked up with Lynette! Right after I posted I noticed that you had just done yours. This is so much fun ; )
I love singing too--I used to sing in church and even won competitions when I was little--but I don't think I'm that good anymore : ( I also won a spelling bee and wanted to be in a Miss America pageant--but it was too expensive! AND I had all my kids au naturel as well--even the twins--it was incredible! Ok, the list goes on...!
My husband is a jack of all trades, too and works in the construction field as an electrician, a carpenter, a plumber and so on and so forth...he's even been a salesman, a youth pastor, and a bass player. He can do anything.
I know if I met you in person I would only love you more! ^_^
Kristin,
I loved reading this! You and I are so much alike (other than your love of playing music and singing! LOL)
One of my favorite movies was Sweet Home Alabame, I loved Sociology (but got a BA degree in Science), I cry easiy, and am a control freak when it comes to my appearance. I was just thinking this morning that I am going to buy one dress each payday to build up a nice wardrobe - I love wearing dresses - although I HATED it when I was in high school. I get as big as a house when I'm pregnant too - thus, the long pause between children! And as far as knowing what I want to be when I grow up - I'm still working on that too!
I was shocked you went skydiving - I had to read that one twice!
Have a wonderful weekend with your beautiful family!!
Hey girl. Love your new blog look. It's adorable! Love your list of 100 things too. You go girl!
Hugs, Angie
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
Oh my goodness, Kristin. I wrote that I wish I could wear dresses and live in the 50s too...and I hadn't read through your 100 list when I wrote it! Amazing that the first baby you held was your own...amazing and special. It was great learning more about you. Blessings to you, girl...
You are too funny. I definitely think you could write a book. You always keep me interested!
Girl,
It took me a couple of nights to read this one...LOL! I so enjoyed it though. Although, I totally disagree with #100. WOW! So many cool and interesting things about you here. I used to be a Young and The Restless fan about 6 years ago. You are also one smart woman. #30 out of 489??!?!? Not too shabby! Seriously, this was great! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment