Despite my grumpiness last night, and losing an hour to daylight savings time, I got up and took M and K to church this morning!
Can I get a "Hallelujah?"!!!
I decided to leave L at home with Morgan, just because I knew taking her would stir up alot of anxiety. So, I figured that while I'm visiting different churches, I will just let her stay home and then when I find the church that I really love, we can all go as a family. It's just the best way that works for me right now.
So, church was definitely an experience today! I visited the home church of the band Leeland (see this post I wrote about them). Leeland was there today and the music was absolutely awesome! If you aren't familiar with their music, I highly recommend it!
I say that visiting this church was an experience, because I was raised Southern Baptist. I am very reserved and very used to going to church, sitting there in your seat, listening to the preacher, and then leaving. Well, that's not at all how this church does things! Their church is called "Celebration of Life" and boy do they celebrate! I'm talking dancing in the aisles, y'all! M even got to dancing a little bit! LOL
My friend Stacey that invited me was a little late today, and when she got there she asked me how I liked it. I was honest and told her it was a little wild for me! I just don't know that I'll ever be comfortable dancing around the sanctuary, but I appreciate and respect those who chose to worship in that way. The point is that the Lord sends people in our lives to help us in certain areas. He sent Stacey into my life because He knew she would be the one person to get me out there, back in church. Whether I go to her church or not, is irrelevant. The fact is that I now feel that I can visit any church and not be panic-stricken or afraid to do so.
When I woke K up today, the first thing she said to me was "Thank you for taking us to church today." That just melted my heart. Our children are made to want to learn about Jesus. It is our job to make sure they are given that opportunity. They loved going to church today. This is just the beginning of the best gift that I can ever give to them as their Momma, the gift of loving the Lord and having a special relationship with Him. It is the best gift that my Mom ever gave to me.
So, I feel like I finally did it! I really feel I am well on my way to conquering this fear that has had a hold of me for the past 4 years. Thank y'all so much for your prayers and your support these past few months. I couldn't have done it without you! Thank you for being a vital part of my journey. I've taken that first step, and I can't wait to see what all I will get to experience along the way!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
YAY KRISTIN! You took the first step and I can tell that you feel more confident now. I'm so glad that the Lord gave you the desire, and the strength and that he allowed your friend to invite you.
God will lead you to the perfect place for you - where you fit. We're all different and we don't all belong in the same place.
Praise God! Thank you for sharing Kristin. I'm excited to hear from you in the weeks to come as God guides and directs you.
Love,
Lynnette
Way to go! You did better then I did, we didn't make to church today, not that I really HAVE a church yet. When we moved here last summer my mom said "of course" I would go to her church. Half my cul-de-sac goes to her church, a large Methodist church. I went about 4 times and NO ONE SANG. In Tennessee, I went to a church like you visited today, well in my mother's church hardly anyone sang! I felt like I was singing a solo whenever we sang and trust me-- I do not have the voice for a solo. Now I've been going to my brother's church but there are some fundamental belief issues. Also while the service is very traditional, the sermon or message is given by different people in the church. So one week might be great and the next might not. BUT I know quite a few people there and they are so glad to see us and I admit that fellowship is a huge component of where I go.
So glad that you made it to church!!! It was so exciting to read that your girls also enjoyed it too! I knew they would. Well, you did better than we did yesterday...we didn't make it to church at all. We had gone to the new church we had been visiting for the last two weeks, but I have just been missing my old church so bad. The the thing I miss the most: the choir and the awesome Praise and Worship Service they have. I got up yesterday and got my girls ready to try to make it out to my old church (about a 40 minute drive) and never did make it out after all. Didn't help that Hubby laid in bed all morning! So frustrating.
Well, I hope you will continue to try out other places until you find the right fit...I think that's the road we may be headed on as well, but the biggest thing is that you took the first step!!!
Awesome, awesome!
Hope you have a great week!
Kristin,
I am so proud of you! Kenyon and I went to several churches before we found our home church too - it's a journey - but it is so worth it! I was raised Catholic so many of the churches were a shock to me too! :) I'm so happy that your girls liked it. Keep on your journey and you will find your perfect church home.
Kristen,
I'm so with you we have had a hard time finding a church home that is for sure. I prefer churches in the south. Living in Ohio they do church a little differnt around here. I miss my old southern baptist style church it wasn't old fashioned but really good and lots of the kids. I don't consider myself a baptist but I tend to agree with a lot of what they say. I love the group Leeland they opened for Casting Crowns last March when we went. If they go there and you listen to there songs that must be some good teaching. I hope this works sweetie.
Love your blog and your heart...
Amanda
Hey friend!
You did well! Finding the right church can be extremely difficult! It took us many many many many visits to churches to find the one we're at now. We've been at our church for almost 14 years now and couldn't imagine being anywhere else. I'm glad that your girls enjoyed it. Keep doing what you're doing and the Lord will surely lead you to the right one.
Have a great afternoon!
Post a Comment