Those of you who read along with my blog might understand how much all of these things mean to me at this time in my life. Last week I wrote about finally letting go of grieving for my Mom and learning to have joy again. It has been absolutely amazing the things that have happened since I made that decision! They may just be little things to a normal person, but to me they mean that it's going to be okay, that all of your prayers are working, and that the Lord is trying to show me that He's here and He's listening.
Here are a few of the things that have happened this week that are so special:
1. My childhood friend, Shellee, called me this week. I have been trying to find her for years, and we finally found each other after about 15 years! Amazing!!
2. I went in a local boutique to buy Valentine's gifts for the girls' teachers, and the first thing I saw when I walked in was a ceramic tile that said "Fear not God is our refuge & our strength." Considering that I have never seen these types of products in this boutique before, I found that to be awesome! I don't consider it a coincidence at all. (I bought the tile too!)
3. Steven Curtis Chapman just happened to be a guest on a show my husband was watching on the Fox News Channel. He sang the song "Cinderella," which I thought was perfect!
4. My mother-in-law came back from her trip in Austin and she brought the girls back a children's Bible and cd set.
5. I won the blog award.
6. I won the blog give-away. Considering that Lynnette and her book and blog have been instrumental in me finding my joy again, I find it extra special that the give-away was from her! If you haven't read her book yet, go over to her blog and order it. It is a great book!
7. Several other things happened that I've already written about below: finding out the band Leeland is from Baytown, hearing about my cousin's salvation, finding the song "Unbreakable" by the band Fireflight (which has a line that says "Forget the fear, it's just a crutch, that tries to turn your dreams to dust, All you have to do is just trust")!
So, it has been a really great week, a life-changing week, thanks to all of you! Thank you so much!!
3 comments:
I LOVE that line from "Unbreakable"! I had never seen the video for that song before you posted it on your blog, but now it seems to be popping up everywhere. It really is a great song. It's so awesome to find music that really speaks to us, isn't it? Music is amazing!
Sounds like you had a great week! Glad things are going well for you! :)
Love,
--Abigail
Congratulations!! It sounds like a truly meaningful gift to you and I'm so happy that you won!!
I will keep you and your family in my prayers, that the Lord continues to heal your hearts.
Thanks for sharing your heart. I'm so sorry about your mommy. As woman we still need them and I can't imagine how hard it is for you. She is smiling down from heaven though. Life can be hard a times, I'm thankful when God makes himself known amongst the fog when your in a slump. So thankful for that, and your bloggy award and winning. Thanks for all your sweet comments, I really appreciate it.
Love,
Katie <><
Post a Comment