Who Me?

Tonight I went to watch K practice for her softball team, The Cheetah Divas! How cute is that team name? Here's her at bat. If you look closely, you can see the yellow ball where it hits the dirt. It looks like a check mark.
On my way home, I was just enjoying the ride and singing along to my favorite song, "How Many Kings" by downhere. (Click here to listen)

I look in my rearview mirror and I see a police car with his lights flashing. I think to myself, I better get on over so he can pass me. I come up to my exit and pull over to the side of the road, as there is no shoulder, and he doesn't pass me. He just stops behind me and has his bright white lights shining at my car!

So, he walks up to my car and proceeds to tell me that I was speeding and I didn't use my signal when I exited. Well, what can you say to that? I tell him that I'm sorry and I really didn't realize I was over the speed limit. He says to hold on a minute and he will be back with my two warnings.

Whew........just 2 warnings! Yay! I was going 74 in a 65, and because I was so concerned about where to pull over so that I could get out of this officers way, I didn't think to use my signal. Oh well! L slept through the whole thing. K was still at practice with her Daddy and M said she was scared at first and glad I didn't get arrested! LOL I explained to her that he was just doing his job and that we should be glad that he is out there trying to keep our streets safe.

So, that was my exciting night!

3 comments:

Nutty said...

Glad you got off easy! Why do kids always think you'll get arrested...that's too funny

Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

Thank goodness no ticket!

Julie said...

You were lucky! Sure wish my hubby was that lucky a few months ago...