We are one or two days away from finishing our little project. Tomorrow they are texturing the walls and installing the wood flooring in our living room. My husband will be painting this weekend and then next week it will be my job to clean up the mess! Do y'all know how dusty it gets during one of these projects? It's crazy!! I'll post more pics once the flooring and painting is done.
This is what our open living room looked like, looking from the back of house. You can see the arches we had before and the way the stairs were open from the entryway. To the left of this picture is the kitchen and to the right is our master bedroom.

This is looking toward the kitchen, from near our master bedroom.

This is what it looks like now, with the new ceiling.

This is looking toward the entryway, from the back of the living room. No more arches above or open stairs. :(

This is what the upstairs room looks like now, looking from the back of the house. I teased my husband that the main reason he did this is just so he could get those balloons off the ceiling fan that got stuck up there during my daughter's birthday this past June! Man, was that fan filthy too! I mean, how were we supposed to reach it when it was that high up!?! The wall you see is where the arches used to be and the stair rail.

If you look on the other side of the wall, you will see that we had them leave the arches. These are what you will see as you look up the stairs from the entryway. I think it will look great to hang some pretty paintings in them!
I hope you've enjoyed the tour! Finished photos will follow in a few days! It's amazing what has been done in 3 days!!! I loved the "charm" that the open room had before, with the pretty arches that you could look down from when you were upstairs, but this new design is just much more practical. We will now have a media room to escape to, a more intimate living room, and it should help a lot with the issues we've always had with heating and cooling such a huge open space.
4 comments:
Looks like a gorgeous house! What a sweet family you have...came from We Are That Family.
Looks like a great remodel and a beautiful family too. Blessings.
It was beutiful before, but I think it looks just as nice now and I'm sure you will get a lot more use out of that space. We have really high ceilings and considered something like that ourselves so we utilize all that area. Wow, I can't believe all that got done in 3 days! Good luck on the cleanup. God Bless!
It looks great, what a job. How great to have the space though. Love it.
Post a Comment