Well, I'm sharing a couple of pics from November. One day I'll get caught up. Ha! I don't have any more recent pics on my laptop right now.
Here's a cute pics of all the cousins from a fun day at Aunt Barbara's house during Thanksgiving break. The little boy and the girl up top without the glasses on are both Aunt B's grandkids. And the other two girls are her nieces. We love getting them all together at least a couple times a year.
Here's a pic from Thanksgiving Day. Matthew's expression makes me laugh!
Not sure if I'll ever get to do a Christmas post or not. We had a great Christmas Eve. Went to the service at church and came home, made cookies and opened our presents. Then Christmas Day, Lily and I had the flu so it wasn't much fun. We went to my MIL's but I felt horrible and stayed in the back room the whole time. I didn't want to get Zoey or Brynn (or anyone else) sick. So, it didn't really seem much like Christmas, but I can't complain!
What's been going on? Madi got recognized for her rodeo art by the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, which was a huge honor. Kaylee won 4th place for creative writing in UIL. Madison won 6th place for spelling in UIL. All 3 girls are still maintaining straight A's and doing well in school. Matthew continues to be a little stinker on a daily basis!
The only girl still taking dance is Kaylee. Lily has started softball and has her opening day this weekend. Madison loves art and choir and all things anime/manga. Morgan is taking 2 classes this semester and it's going well so far.
We haven't been to church since Matthew was born except a handful of times. I go to a ladies bible study meeting when I'm able to called Prayfit. It's about eating healthy and taking care of the bodies God gave us. I've really struggled with not going, but Matthew screams at the mere sight of most people. I'm not kidding. Even Grandma. She comes over, he immediately screams. I know he would get past it, but right now I just can't handle to stress of trying to go. And I really believe that's okay. What I have learned more than anything is that our church family has continued to be there for us and support us in so many ways, by coming to Matthew's birthday party, to keeping in touch to see how we're doing........that has meant so much to me!
I think when I started this journey, in growing in faith, and going to church, I had this idea I was going to be the best little Christian there ever was. I was going to be useful and follow this high calling and have this great purpose and do everything just right. Ummmm, so dumb! I'm learning that being a Mom is my calling and it may not ever earn me glory, I may not ever do anything reckless or radical for Jesus, but I know I'm right where I'm supposed to be. One day we'll get back to church. I know that's important. Matthew won't be little forever, and the girls won't either for that matter........I just try to take one day at a time and treasure every moment as it comes. I've missed writing on here. It does my heart so much good. :)
4 comments:
Missed seeing your updates!!!
Yay for an update!!!
Great perspective! I think being a mom is radical :)
Love your update and all that God is teaching you!
Hugs,
Amy
Post a Comment