Matthew's First Birthday!!


I haven't been able to blog lately, but I at least wanted to share a little about Matthew's 1st Birthday party that we had for him!  He turned a year old on 11/4.  We decided to have a sock monkey themed party and I thought it turned out so cute!  Most everything I used to decorate with was stuff I already had bought for his room.  He still doesn't have a room yet, but it's almost finished.  LOL!
 
Instead of goody bags, I ordered these chocolate candy bar wrappers and gave out candy bars instead.  Cute! 

 

You can't really see it too good, but I printed out all of his monthly photos and used little clothespins to attach them to a ribbon and made a little banner to hang up.  It was one of my favorite things!  We also used the sock monkey picture that Madison drew for him and hung it up. 


I ordered his little shirt off etsy and I was really happy with how it turned out.  I ordered his cake from a local bakery, using an idea for the design off pinterest.  I thought it was cute, but way too expensive.  I probably won't do that again. Ha!  Not sure if you can tell from the pic, but it has a little sock monkey on top.


We had lots of friends and family that came.  Probably around 40 people.  It was a beautiful day outside too.  Matthew did really well with everyone being here.  It was just such an awesome day.  We ordered pizza to make it easy. 


I was glad to get a couple of photos of all of us!

Matthew was so funny with his cake!  At first, he didn't know what to do.  Once we showed him it was to eat, he really started to get into it. At first he was patting it like a drum.  LOL!


Here he is smiling once we started singing Happy Birthday to him.  :)


He got lots of toys and goodies and I think everyone had a good time.  It was actually one of the least stressful parties I've ever done, yet one of the cutest.  It was hard to believe how fast the year just flew by! 


Matthew is just so much fun, yet so energetic and is one that we have to keep an eye on at all times because he puts everything in his mouth and gets into everything.  Ha!  He likes to climb too, so we have to watch him.  He weighs 25 lbs. and wears size 4 diapers.  He wears 18-24 month clothes and size 7 shoes.  I think he was around 31 1/2 " tall at his appointment.  He is so smart and knows lots of words.  He follows instructions well and his new thing is to give hugs.  He is getting pickier with his food and is partial to squash and sweet potatoes, so much so that I have a hard time getting him to eat anything else.  He does like snacks like baby cheetoes, puffs, and yogurt melts though.  He likes cheese crackers and goldfish too.  And pizza.  Ha!  He's not a fan of sleeping and wakes up multiple times at night.  We can't figure out why since he sleeps right between us.  Usually he will just take a few sips of his milk and go back to sleep.

I didn't think it would be, but being a mom of a boy is so completely different than girls!  He is different in every single way from my girls.  He needs constant supervision and entertainment, whereas the girls were content to play with a toy and they never got into things.  He loves to run and be rambunctious.  He is so funny and loves to laugh.  I just adore every single thing he does!  He keeps me constantly entertained and I just absolutely love being his Mom.  We all love him so much!

5 comments:

Katie rayn said...

Yea, yea, yea! So glad you posted. Your family is just beautiful! The pictures are super cute. And I hope little Matthew starts sleeping better for you; I have one that doesn't like sleep either!

HappyascanB said...

What a precious party! I love the sock monkey theme!

Matthew is such a precious little boy! Sounds like he keeps you on your toes!

Becca said...

You did such a great job with his party! Anytime I am out and see anything Sock Monkey, I always think of you guys and just how cute Matthew looks with all of his gear!

Linda said...

It was a cute party! Your little "Monkey" sure sounds like an energetic boy! I know he fills all your days with joy! I know I sure love seeing the pictures of him and hearing of all of his antics! He is just precious!!!! Wish I could see him in person.

Love you all!
Momma Linda

Mich said...

wow! time flies. what a cutie and I loved the party decor.