For Mother's Day and Father's Day, Morgan and I never get each other gifts. The girls always end up making gifts at school for Mother's Day and give them to me, which are my favorite kind! But, I always feel bad since Father's Day is during the summer and they don't have anything handmade to give Morgan. So, this year I decided to get creative and see if we could make something thoughtful. :)
So, Pinterest to the rescue. Ha! I saw lots of ideas where people had each kid hold a letter that spelled "DAD" or ones where they had the kids pose with a description of what they loved about their dad. I thought it would be a great idea to do something like that, instead of just a plain picture like I usually do. So, I went to Hobby Lobby and looked around at the wooden letters. But, they were so expensive and so I kept searching and found these paper/cardboard material type ones that were way more affordable. Ideally, you could paint them or mod podge patterned paper onto them, but who has time for that?! LOL! I decided I liked the gray color of them anyway, since it was more masculine looking. Since I found the "love" one, I decided they could spell "We love U". I thought it turned out so cute! I found a nice black leather frame with white stiching too, so we framed it and he really loved it! Yay!
It's so funny because we took about 10-15 different shots outside and then several more inside and ended up going with the very first one we took, cause it was really windy that day and all the rest of the outside ones had their hair blowing in front of their face, or one of them was making a weird face or not looking. It is very challenging getting them all to smile and look at the camera at the same time! So challenging that I actually said a prayer about it before we went outside. Haha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I LOVE THIS! What a cute idea and the kids are all so adorable! I might just have to steal this for next year. I bet Morgan really loved it!
That's funny that the first shot was the best one, after taking a ton of them! Ha! I love this picture, and I think it is a great Father's Day Gift! I am sure Morgan will treasure it!
Love you,
Momma
that picture is SOOO Cute! great job!
I read this days a couple days ago on my phone and now I'm back to comment! Love the idea you came up with for Morgan's gift. The picture turned out great and having that super awesome view in the background is the icing on the cake!
Post a Comment