Lily and a 39 Week Update!

Today, Morgan is taking Lily to an ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) doctor so we can see what's going on with her. I keep getting called up to school because she has thrown up, but she never has a fever and she's always perfectly fine once she gets home. She eats fine, acts fine, etc. In the mornings though, it seems like she has a lot of drainage stuff and usually when she throws up, that's all it is. So, hopefully they can give us some answers. She has never had this issue until school started, so I am hoping it is an actual physical issue and not anxiety or anything like that. If you could say a little prayer for her, I would really appreciate it!

It has gotten to where I send her lunch now most days, because something about the cafeteria makes her gag often. Poor baby. It's so hard sending her to school knowing she's still having a hard time adjusting and that she's worrying unnecessarily.

Yesterday was my 39 week appointment and I had to wait forever because the doctor had to do an unexpected c-section that morning. I thought I was doing so good too, getting a 9am, first thing in the morning appointment. But, that's just the way it goes sometimes, I guess! Anyhow, he said he could feel the tip-top of the baby's head, but no dilation yet really. He said the baby feels like a good sized baby and after asking how big my girls were, he said he bets this one is around 8-9 pounds also. The girls were 7 lb 13 oz, 8 lb 13 oz, and 8 lb 11 oz. Madison was smaller because she was 10 days early. And something tells me Matthew will go past his due date, just like Kaylee and Lily. However, I really thought he might be smaller just because I've only gained about 18 pounds this time and with the girls I gained about 50 lbs! That will just be another one of those fun things that we will find out when he gets here!

I'm trying not to get impatient and instead just enjoy these last few days. It's so weird to look over and see "6 more days" on my pregnancy counter! I think I have everything ready to go. I have my bag packed. The house is pretty much clean, or clean enough. Ha! I've been doing laundry pretty much every day just to make sure it's done just in case! Thank goodness the girls don't have much going on special with school or anything like that this week or next. Just the usual.

Our cousin was due exactly a week before me and she had her baby on Tuesday, 11/1/11 at 1:01pm! Funny, huh?! He is SO cute and seeing the pictures on facebook made me so excited to have Matthew! It's really only just now really becoming a reality that we are going to be having another baby! I am hoping that I don't have to be induced, although I know a scheduled induction in some ways would be so much easier logistically. When you have a husband who works full-time and has school 4 days a week, plus 3 girls who have school and dance, it almost seems to make more sense to schedule it. But, the doctor won't even consider that until his due date has come anyways, so we will see if Matthew is still cozy in there on Wednesday!

7 comments:

Linda said...

18 pounds is just so great! I'm proud of you for taking such good care of yourself. I gained 20 when I was carrying Lynnette and the weight came off quickly after her birth...and she was my easiest delivery.

I am sorry that Lily has been throwing up/or gagging, and I hope the doctor has some idea what is causing it.

That's fun that your cousin's baby boy and Matthew will be the same age.

Since you weren't dilated at your check-up, maybe you will make it to John's birthday! (:>)

Julie said...

Praying for Lily! That is so awful! Poor thing!

I understand being anxious for Matthew to come. Just try and rest up! Will I be receiving an "I'm in labor text?" Lol!

HappyascanB said...

Oh poor Lily!! That breaks my heart! I pray y'll get some answers soon!

Isn't it crazy that at any minute, really, your water could break or labor could start!?!? Love it!!!

Amanda said...

Can't believe it's finally here! Can hardly wait to see pictures of that boy!

Lily...I will pray specifically for her. We have had some similar circumstances...not as extreme, but worrisome for us as parents. So hard, so hard.

Hugs,
Amanda

Caroline said...

Praying for Lily.

Can't believe Matthew is almost here. Take care & always in my prayers.

Veronica said...

I'm with Momma! 18 lbs is an awesome weight gain. That's just gonna fall right off after Matthew comes!

I'm seriously so excited and I know I keep saying it but it's true!

I was thinking of you last night and remembered when I was pregnant with Alyssa and I was going over and Fern was like, I know you're trying to hog up that baby all to yourself! Just let her out already! Haha!

It'll be fun to see how it all plays out as far as what day he comes! It'll all be part of the Lord's perfect plan! :)

amanda said...

i pray you enjoy these last few days of pregnancy. i loved not having to share them with anyone. :) and the moving around is my most favorite part. even though it's crazy annoying sometimes. praying for lily! no fun!!

and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the 11/1/11 birthday and 101 time. so cool!