Going Home!

Monday morning, Morgan had to get all the girls ready for school by himself.  :D  I think he even helped Madison use the flat iron on her hair.  Ha!  Kaylee actually didn't go to school that day because she had a cold and later that day he took her to get her arm x-rayed to make sure it was okay.  We also skipped dance that night too, just to make it easy!

After he dropped the girls off at school, he came up to the hospital so that we could go home!  We had to wait for the doctor to come by and check out Matthew and then we were released.  I was so glad to be able to go home!  I think the worst part of my recovery was the soreness from that awful, hard bed!  LOL!


Riding in the car, going home!!

The girls love holding him!  I have more pics of the girls with him.....I just need to put them on my computer.  Lily really loves holding him too and hasn't seemed to be jealous at all, which I'm thankful for!  She even started sleeping in her bed all night long as soon as we came home, without us even saying a word to her about that!  Usually, she would always end up in our bed in the middle of the night, but since we've been home, she has been sleeping in her bed all night long. 


We are all settling in to a new normal and I'm trying to remind myself that it's okay if I can't do it all just yet!  Matthew is such a good baby; it's just that he doesn't sleep much longer than 2 hours at a time, so I was just feeling exhausted.  But, last night he slept a lot better.  Morgan has been such a huge help, staying up late with him so I can get a few good hours of sleep, too!  Before I know it, he will be all grown up and I'll be missing these newborn baby days!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute! Matthew looks like such a precious baby! I love that your girls love him so much! And hooray for Lily!!

Veronica said...

I love this post! That first pic should be your new FB profile pic! So precious, and you look amazing, Momma!

I know it's hard not getting much sleep! I hope your little guy starts sleeping longer for ya really soon!

Linda said...

I love the way you are holding him! It is just so wonderful to snuggle a precious little newborn!

Daddy looks so proud!

And oh my goodness...Madison is so in love with him! I can tell by the way she is so wrapped up in looking at him and holding him, that she adores him!

It is so good that Lily is sleeping in her bed now...and I do hope you will catch up on your sleep soon. So glad that Morgan is such a good helper.

Love, Momma

Caroline said...

So cute & what a wonderful & precious blessing Matthew is. I love him & all of you a lot too.

Yay for going home.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Welcome home!! And, oh my word with the sweetness of your boy! Love! =)

An extra blessed Thanksgiving to you, my beautiful friend.

Katie rayn said...

Horray for Lily! How awesome! I know it's tough getting up so much, but you are right, he won't be newborn for long and then you'll miss that little tiny cry in the night. I do hope you are getting rest, though, because momma don't need to be sick!

Joy@WDDCH said...

He's so stinking cute! And those hospital beds are REALLY uncomfortable, ugh!