I'm sitting here hanging out, smelling my yummy Circle E Birds of Paradise candle (you must find one of these if you don't have one!), while the girls are playing and Morgan is on a fishing trip with the guys from church. I looked over at my pregnancy counter and it says 25 days! Yikes!! That's not very long! And I'm getting there, but realizing I still have so much to do! Since, Matthew doesn't have a room, I'm just going to wait for the nesting instinct to kick in and I'll use that burst of energy to deep clean the house one last time and finish up some last minute things. :D
I was joking with Morgan that Matthew might decide to come today, seeing as how he is out in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico with no way of me contacting him. Ha! This month has been going by so fast! Next weekend, the girls have a dance convention in Houston and the weekend after that is our annual Fall Fest/Halloween and then it will be just around a week until Matthew decides to make his appearance!
I found this cute little outfit for him to wear on Thanksgiving. He will probably only be about 2 weeks old then!

I got this cute little bib first.

Well, here is a tour of Matthew's "room", which really is just a section of my closet. LOL!
His smaller clothes are hung up and ready to be worn :) See all his blankets? Several of the ones at the bottom were made by my Mom and just happened to be gender neutral. Yay!

I was looking for a drawer thing to put his bigger sizes in and I found this orange one and thought, "perfect!"

His dresser is already full of PJ's, onesies, pants, socks, crib sheets, burp cloths, towels, and washcloths. That bigger basket has his diaper changing stuff in it, so I can carry it wherever I need it. I debated on whether to get a changing pad and just decided I didn't need it. I used to have a changing table, but got rid of it a long time ago. I was thinking we would put his crib in our bedroom once he outgrows the bassinet, but I was looking in there the other day and realizing it's going to be a really tight squeeze, so I'm not sure what we're going to do yet. The girls may be sharing a room sooner than I thought!

His bath stuff is all ready to go!

And I knew that I had to have this little swing, so I bought it the other day. I had the aquarium one with Lily and it was such a lifesaver. I love that you can carry it wherever you need it. It really comes in handy so Momma can take a shower!

I have a whole pile of sewing projects to get to. I'm still looking for a sweet little outfit for him to wear home.

And thankfully, my mother-in-law got his carseat/stroller for him. We just need to open it up and install it! I still need to pack my hospital bag too, but I think I have everything I need for it.

I think heartburn and reflux is God's way of helping the woman say, "I don't care how bad it's going to hurt, just please hurry up and get here, labor-day!" A couple of nights ago, I woke up every single hour because of it and I was thinking if I'm going to be up every hour, I'd rather just be up with the baby! I cannot wait to see who he looks like! I want to see if he has Morgan and Kaylee's straight nose or a button nose like the rest of us. I want to see if he will have any hair or be bald like the girls. I want to know if he will have bright blue eyes like his Daddy or brown ones like me. Most of all, I'm just praying he is healthy.
I'm curious to see if he will come on his own before his due date (11/9) like Madison who was 10 days early, or if he will pass up his due date like Kaylee and Lily. We are all still rooting for a 11/11/11 due date, but I'm also secretly hoping he comes before that!
Anyone want to guess when his due date will be? :D
9 comments:
Well I'm not really very good at guessing things...so I will just hope for 11-11-11...cuz that is John's birthday and it would be such a neat day to be born this year. (:>)
We just got home from our trip. I was checking blogs and saw that you had posted. It looks like you are ready for Matthew and he can come anytime now...but yes, lets hope that Morgan will be available when it does happen! Tee hee
I am sure he will be a beautiful baby boy...and I know that because of his beautiful mommy, and sisters...and because his daddy is so handsome. Matthew will be one blessed little guy...and he will never want for attention. He will be the family entertainment when he does arrive. Nothing more wonderful than a brand new baby!!!!
Love, Momma
you are going to have so much fun with a baby BOY for the holidays!! 25 days isn't long at all. so exciting!
Wow, so exciting!!
So glad you did a new post!
I'm with Momma, I'm a terrible guesser so I have no idea what to say about when he'll come. I'm hoping he'll come early! :)
I was just teasing Fern that I will be making my way back to TX after Matthew comes and he was like...well, go! :) Haha!
I'm so excited for you and can't wait to "meet" your little guy! 25 days is lot long at all!
Won't be long and I'm sooooooo excited for you & your family !!!
Take care
Omgosh, he is already loved & spoiled. LOL That is how stunt man was. Everything was ready & just waiting for his arrival. Love that Rock Me set. CUTE! I had Model in November. The best time of the year to have a baby. They are able to celebrate their first holidays so soon.
It will be here before you know it and everything will work itself out.
He will be precious and you will have an extra special blessing to be thankful for this year.
I was just about to email you and ask when the heck the baby is coming! haha I am getting impatient - so I know you must be! ;) I can't wait to see his sweet little face! That Thanksgiving outfit is adorable! I hope you're feeling well and getting chances to rest up!
I cannot believe how close the due date is getting...so exciting! Looks like things are taking shape at home as you await Matthew's arrival. I love the picture of you in the header looking out to the lake with your beautiful mama-belly. Love to you...
Post a Comment