Okay, I'll admit it.....when I found out we were having a boy, I was wondering if it would be as much fun as having a girl, when it comes to clothing. Well, I've been having so much fun looking around and finding little boy things! I've been finding some really great clearance deals too, which I love!
The other day, I went to the store to get a neutral blanket so that I could have it for taking Matthew's picture in the hospital. I found these little blue jeans too and this cute outfit was on clearance. I found him a super soft blanket too :) I wanted one that would go with his going home outfit.

Saturday, I was sitting on the couch with my laptop and felt like I was having a contraction. I looked down and Matthew was all bunched up in a ball and it was so funny looking. He does that a lot! It almost takes your breath away. Can you see him sticking up?

Yesterday, I got the neatest gift in the mail from my friend,
Julie. I have seen these on other blogs and have always thought they were so neat! They are the little stickers that you can stick on a plain onesie each month for taking your baby's picture, so you can look back and see how much they grow and keep track of it. I'm so excited to have these!! Thank you so much, Julie!!

So, this weekend was the one where Morgan volunteered to drive the girls to Houston to the Galleria for their dance convention. They left at 6am on Saturday and didn't get back until 8pm. Then, on Sunday, it was 6:30am - 4:30pm. He is definitely my hero for sitting up there that whole time! For those who don't know, the Galleria is a huge mall (one of the biggest) and the girls' convention was in the adjoining hotel. Parents weren't allowed, so he basically just sat up there and studied/shopped/was bored out of his mind both days. LOL! The girls took classes from famous choreographers and had a great time, but they were so tired afterward!
Anyhow, Lily and I stayed home and my car water pump was acting up, so we really didn't go anywhere. But, I finally finished all of my sewing projects for Matthew.
I had some plain cloth diapers, so I decorated them to match.

I showed Morgan these and said, "Look, I made your son some nightgowns!" Haha! I just love baby nightgowns though for in the hospital......makes it so easy to change them and then you don't have anything rubbing against their cord, etc. And for the record, I did research to make sure boys could wear nightgowns too. :D

Then, I showed Morgan that I made him some "manly" stuff too. :D

Another nightgown that I embroidered his name on. I like the simple look of it. :) And I made a burp cloth to go with my diaper bag. Yay!

Today, I found this on clearance. Morgan loves Star Wars, so I had to get it!

And I found a little PJ outfit on clearance too.

I know it seems like I keep buying all this stuff, but almost everything I got at my shower was sizes 3 mos. and up, so I've been collecting newborn and 0-3 month things when I find them on sale/clearance. I've had a lot of fun looking at little boy things! Only two weeks to go........better make it a priority to pack my hospital bag tomorrow! My feet are like literally 5 x's the normal size and I can't seem to find any time at all to stay off of them, so I guess if anything good can come from that, hopefully it will be that he decides to come a little early!
11 comments:
I love the picture of you at the computer. I can almost feel that feeling again! Ha! Cute clothes, too!
I love all the things you made for Matthew and I'm so glad you had the chance to finish all of them in time! Now you just gotta get your bag packed already! :)
I'm so excited and Auntie Ver is ready to make the annoucement on the blog whenever Matthew makes his arrival. Gosh I wish I could be there but I'll be so excited to see pics!
Praying for you, as always! Love you! :)
Very cute stuff! Places do seem tp not have as much boy things as girl things. Looks like you just gotta make your own! ;)
My word, you were busy! I am sure it feels great to have it all done! Wow, pretty soon, you will be a mommy of 4 kids, and Matthew will have 4 little mommies taking care of him!
My hubby didn't want my son in a nightgown until he realized how much easier diaper changing was in the middle of the night. :)
Cute stuff.
Love those nightgowns!!!! They'll be perfect for those middle of the night diaper changes!!
That picture of your belly cracks me up! I can still remember the feeling of having a baby all balled up in your belly!!!
that baby belly picture is so amazing. what a great capture!! can't wait until he is here!!
I used baby gowns for probably the first month! Love them! I'm glad you're having fun getting boy things. :) I just love your tie onesies! My brother bought Trevor a "Star Wars" shirt too! Glad you like the stickers! Anxiously awaiting the news of his arrival!!
Omgosh! I love them all. I sure wish that I knew you when Stunt Man was that little. He would have been the best dressed kid around because I would have paid you to make all his clothes. So cute. Love the star wars shirt too. Fun!
I love all the cuteness you made for Matthew! You have obviously been very busy! I think boys clothes are super fun too, I just need one to dress!!!
Oh my word with the cuteness of that boy stuff! Love it! Especially the rocker and Star Wars stuff. But my favorite pic is the one with Matthew sticking pushing your mama-tummy out. Love it! Blessings to you as you soak in this sweet time, beautiful mama.
Post a Comment