31 Weeks!

Before I get to my 31 weeks post, I wanted to show y'all how far out the water was this weekend! It was so weird. I guess with Tropical Storm Lee in Louisiana and all the wind, the water got pushed out. This was during high tide too! Morgan calculated it went out over 900 feet. Can you see the sand? That's the shadow of the clouds on the sand and a little water that hadn't dried up yet. By Monday, it was just brown sand everywhere. And by Tuesday, the water was all the way back up to our land.

It reminds me of that song by Nicole C. Mullen, "Redeemer", where she says, "And who told the ocean you can only come this far?" One of my favorite songs!

Today was my 31 week check-up! Here's a picture of me and Matthew :D
Everything is looking great. His heartbeat was 147 bpm and I've gained 11 pounds so far. His head was down and his bottom was up. Ha!! The only bad symptoms I've had lately is some swelling of my feet, but it's not too bad.

I preregistered for my hospital stay after my appointment and about had a heart attack when I found out how much my part to pay will be, even with insurance. It's just ridiculous to pay so much for insurance and then to still have to pay so much out of pocket. The hospital stay price has tripled since I had Lily for my part to pay! Then, I went over to my pediatrician's office to see if there was anything I needed to fill out to add Matthew. They told me just to call her after he's born! I thought that was strange. I said, "So, she doesn't come visit them and check them out in the hospital anymore?" And they said no....they have hospital pediatricians who do that and I just need to call for his first appointment after he's born. So weird! Especially considering her office is in the hospital! She's always the one who made us stay 2 nights instead of 1, because of me having GBS, so maybe I won't have to stay as long this time? That would be nice!!

Anyhow, look at this adorable outfit and blanket that I got in the mail yesterday!!! They are so soft and cute!! :) My sweet blog friend, Amy, sent them to me. Thank you SO much, Amy!!! I love them!!

Matthew is going to be the cutest kid around with all of these adorable things that everyone has sent to him!!

10 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for your advice. My oh my things are always changing aren't they. I am sure everything is going to great and I know you are getting excited. I need your address too, I have it somewhere I would like to make or send something for Matthew. Did you know that was going to be my name if I was a boy, lol. I need to send him something Ohio State, everyone will give you a hard time, lol.

Amanda said...

Love the "Redeemer" song! Glad all is well and healthy for baby boy!

Caroline said...

What a beautiful picture.

Yay for everything being great. I know when I had Carly I couldn't believe how much everything cost. Lucky I got away with only saying one night.
Such cute gifts !!

{:miss v:} said...

Wow! That water is so amazing! Do you ever get to see the sand otherwise or is the water always up against the property? That would be cool if you had your own private beach! haha!

Love the new belly pic! You have such a sweet little belly! The gift is so cute too! Only a few weeks left! Yippee!!

Amy said...

You look great! I can't believe you only have a few more weeks. So exciting!!!

Redeemer is my all time favorite song. Love it!
Blessings,
Amy

Lauren said...

you look amazing!!!!! Can't wait to see the sweet little face... not too much longer now! :)

HappyascanB said...

Only 9 weeks to go???? AHHHH!!!!!

What a beautiful picture of the water! I also love that song!

YOU look AMAZING!!!! I love that top!

What cute things you've gotten for Matthew! So exciting!!!!

Joyeful said...

That is one of my favorite songs as well! And I know exactly where all that water went!! We got it for sure. I can't believe you've only gained 11 pounds-- that's excellent! Thanks for the prayers, Kristin!

Becca said...

You have done so awesome with the weight gain! Can't wait to see him in all these cute clothes and goodies everyone is sending!

Veronica said...

That pic of the water is nuts!

I saw this pic a while back but for some reason I was a loser and didn't comment! You look so pretty there and I love that shirt!

I hear ya on the craziness of delivery costs! We're still paying for Liv, it's ridiculous!

The outfit Amy sent is CUTE!