12th Anniversary!

Morgan and I are celebrating 12 years of marriage today! It's hard to believe that this picture was taken that long ago! This is my favorite wedding picture from that day! :)

I loved the chapel we were married in. The day was intimate and perfect....exactly what I wanted.

We went to church this morning and then we decided to go to a local waterfront boardwalk place called Kemah. It's a neat place, with lots of rides and shops and restaurants. Morgan really wanted to go to Joe's crab shack......he loves crab!

I had Madison take a picture of us....it just didn't come out very well because we were in front of the window.

The girls didn't know we were thinking of going there, so they were excited! We decided that when Veronica and my Dad/Stepmom and everyone comes for my baby shower, we'll have to take them there.

After lunch and shopping, the girls had to have some ice cream! Yum!

It was a fun time for us all!

It's so neat to look back and see how far we've come in 12 years. Here are some fun facts of the past 12 years:

- Lived in 1 apartment, 1 rental, and 3 houses that we've owned (2 that we built)
- Had 4 kids (well almost.....Ha!) I know neither one of us ever expected to have 4 kids! :D
- Madison was 3 weeks old on our 1st Anniversary
- Morgan found his calling in the engineering business
- I found my calling as a stay at home mom
- We've both lost a parent
- We've moved about 6 times
- We've been through a couple of hurricanes
- We started going to church
- Every year gets better than the last!
- We finally learned what was preached at our wedding.......that love is a choice..........it is patient and it is kind. To make marriage work, you must choose to love your spouse, even when they are unlovable. And one thing I learned is that instead of asking God to change him, that it works better if I ask God to change me and my perspective! Marriage takes work, and there are many times that we just knew it wasn't going to work........my best advice is to push through those times, because they always fade away and what you are left with is a much stronger marriage!

I am so thankful for our marriage, for the Dad that Morgan is, for how he provides for us, that I am able to stay home and do "Mom" stuff. Everything that we dreamed of when we were first married, that we never actually believed would come true, has come true! God has blessed us above and beyond what we ever believed possible. Morgan is truly my very best friend and I don't know what I would do without him! I am so thankful that God worked on our hearts and helped us through those rough times. He knew exactly what plans He had for our little family and I wouldn't wish it any other way!!

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Happy Anniversary !! What a beautiful family & most of all a beautiful couple with many more happy fun-filled yrs together.

Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary! Isn't it amazing how much can happen in 12 years!?
Many, Many more!!!

HappyascanB said...

Yummy! Happy Anniversary! I loved reading what has happened in your marriage. My best friend taught me love is a choice a few years ago, and it is so true!

Cute ice cream pic of the girls!

Holly said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Hooray for you all!! Looks like a great time!!

Jenilee said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding chapel is adorable! I love the small intimate wedding :)

Veronica said...

This was the sweetest, fun post ever!I'm so glad that your anniversary went so well and yes, I would love go to that restaurant. I'm going to have to lose another 10 lbs before I get there so I can be prepared to eat what I want while I'm there, lol! In fact, I may just have to go do my exercise workout right now, lol!

I'm so thankful for what the Lord's done in your marriage and how he's used you to lift me up in my marriage.

I loved your little list of all the stuff that's happened over the years and lol about having four kids. I was telling Fern a couple of weeks ago, can you believe that my best friend is going to be the mom of FOUR kids? :)

Linda said...

I loved this post. It was such good advice and I know it came from your heart. You have learned so much in 12 years of marriage.

I love your favorite wedding picture. It is such a sweet pose. You both look so happy.

Love grows richer as time goes by. Especially when we have overcome some of the bumps in the road!

I am glad you enjoyed your anniversary. And I am so happy that you finally get to meet Veronica in person. I know you gals will love every minute you spend together. Please do a vlog and let us all be a part of it.

And yes, please do call me on Friday. I am looking forward to it! (If it comes through as unavaiable caller we might not answer...so leave a message and I will call you right back. We have a ton of solicitors that call and we don't answer.)

Love, Momma Linda

Becca said...

What a very sweet post! Happy Anniversary to you too. A lot has happened for you guys in the past 12 years!

I'm so surprised each time that I come to your blog... you always have a new look! :)