It's a ......!!

Thursday, the day finally came to find out if this baby is a boy or a girl! The girls and I met Morgan at the ultrasound place and we tried to patiently wait to be called back!

This was the first thing we saw. Awwww!!!! A sweet little profile shot.

Then, this popped up on the screen! Before the lady even said anything, I was thinking, "Is that what I think it is?!!"
And then she said, "How would you girls like to have a baby brother?" Aghhhh!!!!
It's a baby BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness! That's something we've never heard before! It was really exciting! Not because a little girl wouldn't have been just as exciting, but this is just going to be a whole new adventure and I love that Morgan won't be the only man in the house anymore. :)

Everything looked great. His little heart was beating 151 bpm.
Here's a split shot of his left and right arms.

I love this little shot. It's of his legs, but he had them crossed at the ankles. Isn't that so adorable?!!

His little feet.

It was just so exciting to tell everyone! The best part of the day was all of the texts and facebook wishes. I just finished taking screen prints of all of the facebook wishes. It was so much fun to read them all! It truly was one of the best days ever!

I wasn't completely shocked that this baby is a boy, only because I really thought it looked like I saw a boy on the little screen at the doctor's office the other day. And from the beginning, I always just felt like this might be a boy. But still, I went in there totally expecting it to be another little girl. And I love sweet girls, so that would have been awesome too!

I love that we were all done having babies, but God had other plans. We had 3 kids and our plan was to not have any more. Then, the Lord surprised us with this baby and it turns out it's the little boy that we never thought we would have! God's plans were definitely better than ours and I am so thankful that He gave us this beautiful blessing.....something we almost missed out on! We just could not be happier!

So now, we are trying to think of a name! Boy names are hard! We don't want anything too unique or cutesy, because one day this sweet little boy will be grow up to be a man. So, we want something strong and Morgan said he thinks he would like for it to be a biblical name. For middle names, Morgan is thinking about using his middle name, which he also got from his Dad.....William. I always imagined for a middle name, I would use Christian, which was my Mom's maiden name. So, this might take awhile to agree! But, something tells me that Morgan should get the last say on this one. ;) We haven't thought too much about it yet, other than me reading off a bunch of names and us being like, "NO!" or "That one's okay". LOL!

I died laughing when I was reading off a list of names the other night and I came to "Oscar" and I was like, "Bahahahaa.........Oscar Myers"..........LOL!!!!!!!!! So, we are definitely not using Oscar or Michael! Ha! We both really like Matthew, and when I saw that it meant "Gift from God" last night, I loved it even more! I know it's a really common name, but also a very strong name with the perfect meaning. So, we'll see! I had never even considered that name before, but I really like it. And despite the fact that Morgan said if this baby is a boy, we are naming him Jesus because it will be a miracle, we definitely are not naming him that! Haha! :D

So, everyone send me some name suggestions and any tips you have on being a mom to a little boy, because I know absolutely nothing about that! And I just wanted to mention that 6 people voted "girl" in the poll, and 12 people voted "boy". Boy wins! :)

15 comments:

Veronica said...

I've been waiting to read this post even thought I already knew what the announcement would be, lol!

I am so happy for you and think that this is the most exciting thing ever! I just know you will decide on the perfect name and that you will enjoy this little guy so much! Wishing we lived closer so I could enjoy this special time with you in person! :)

Anna Gray said...

Awwwh! I am so, so, so happy for you, Kristin! I am sure Morgan is more than ecstatic about having a guy too! I cannot WAIT until the 'lil guy is born so we can see lots of photos!

Congratulations! ^__^

Mich said...

As a mom of both a boy and a girl, I can tell you that they each come with their own set of challenges, but BOTH bring me so much joy daily. So very happy for you!

As for names... my son was named after my brother and has my hubby's middle name, so we went the family name route. i know you will find the perfect one for you. It will just fit.

Blessings.

Amy said...

YAY!!! I am so happy for your family. I look forward to reading about the name game :) So thankful that God has planned this little boy for your family.
Blessings,
Amy

Caroline said...

I'm so happy for you all. I was so excited when I seen it on FB I was in tears. I only have one boy on earth and it's so special. I know I have one in Heaven too.

I know you will be so blessed and those sisters are gonna have so much fun. So are Daddy & Mommy !!

Praying for you so much. Take care
Love ya {{HUGS}} God is so Good !!

Sarita Boyette said...

What a great surprise! And I have to sat your baby boy has a cute little "winky"! LOL!!!

Linda said...

i know you are still floating on cloud nine as you think about your little boy! I am so happy for you all.

Names are special...and God already knows his name...and He will lead you to it. He knew him before any of his members were yet formed! (:>)

My friend leaves in the morning, and so I will probably be blogging more...if blogger will let me post. Something is not working right and I haven't been able to publish my posts.

Lynnette has been able to do it from her end...so it might be something with my computer..I don't know.

Well...I got up cuz I was getting a headache...but I am feeling better now, so I will go back to bed. Just thought I'd check on my girl and see if you had posted lately!

Love you,
Momma Linda

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Oh how exciting!!! A baby boy...what a blessing indeed. Would have been a blessing either way, of course. But it's so fun and special to know more about the child growing within. I always loved that part of finding out ahead of time. Being a boy mama is certainly an adventure!

So excited for you!!

Katie rayn said...

I like the name Matthew. And I will say for my first two kiddos we just picked names that we liked, but for little man we put in some real thought and wanted it to mean something. And his name fits him perfectly, but the other two have names that "fit" them too, soooo....just go with your gut! There! Ha! Real helpful!

amanda said...

i'm so excited for you. and totally know how it feels to be "done" with three girls...and then whamo...pregnant...and it's a boy! :) it truly is so awesome. could you do two middle names? evaleigh has two middle names because i wanted faith for sure. and then needed a "named after" name. i also think william christian is a nice name. or even christian william. or matthew william christian myers. i love baby names. and i was serious about clothes. if you wanted me to send them? or what do you have a need for? are you lucky and get a shower for each baby? they don't "do" that here. but i know other people do...and i think that they should. ;) loves you!

Angelica said...

Oh my word Kristin! Boys are so much fun!! His big sisters are going to just love him!

Holly said...

Congrats on a little boy! Im sure you all are over the moon!

Joy@WDDCH said...

I am so behind on emails but I got your message! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yay!!! I am right for once when guessing genders (I'm usually wrong).

Oh come on - name him Oscar! LOL! Okay totally kidding. That would've made me laugh, too. Before we knew what we were having I asked Abigail what we would name our baby if it was a boy and she said, "Buzz Lightyear!"

Can't wait to hear his name!

{:miss v:} said...

Congratulations to you and your hubby! What a wonderful blessing your new little son will bring!

I'm so excited for you guys!

Unknown said...

Awwww! A huge congratulations to you! I know I'm late, but I'm just reading. But I'm sitting here smiling because I can only imagine how happy you guys were with the news. I remember how happy I was that my 3rd and final child was a girl. Yes a boy would have made me just as happy, but I was really glad to get a girl! Congrats to you!

Kay