Kaylee's Awards and my Dream Swing!

Friday was Kaylee's awards day! Lily and I went to see her get her awards and then my MIL, aka Grandma, met us up there. :)

Kaylee got the A honor roll award, prompt and regular attendance award (she only missed 1 day and went home early 1 day), and they also recognized her for participating in UIL, for earning her A/R star, and for earning the SOAR award. We were so proud of her!

We weren't sure if she would qualify for the prompt and regular attendance award, so we were excited when they called her name!
Here is a video of her getting her A honor roll award. I tell my girls this is the most important award you can earn! There are lots of things to be involved in at school, but I tell my girls that the most important thing you take with you when you leave is your smarts! And your ability to always keep learning!!



AFter the awards, we snuck into Kaylee's class to get a picture of her A/R ceiling tile that she earned last week.
She had them put it right above her desk. Love it!!
After that, we went by Madison's school to check her out and then we all went to celebrate the end of the school year at Olive Garden!

It was a great end to a super busy and fun week. That night, they had performance team pictures at dance, so we had to get their hair and makeup all done again. Let me just say that I was never so happy for Saturday to roll around, because it was a day where we had absolutely nothing planned! Ha!

Yesterday, we went to church and out to eat for lunch. Then, I went shopping for Kaylee's birthday presents. She is turning 8 on Friday! Morgan bought me this swing a few weeks ago and he hung it up for us last night. I told him I had to have a swing.....it's been a dream of mine! And I can't wait until the baby is here and I can swing him/her on the swing. :)


Speaking of the baby, they are supposed to schedule my ultrasound when I go to the doctor on Wednesday, so I'm hoping they can schedule it for this week! It has been so fun to see what everyone thinks we are having. So far "boy" is winning. I can't wait to find out!!

6 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Congrats Kaylee. Amen to smarts being the most important thing. We impress on our kids to do their personal best...A's :) LOL So important to study hard to show your self approved. Yum to Olive Garden.

Julie said...

Congrats to Kaylee! I love the swing! I remember having a front porch swing at our house when we lived in AL. Such sweet memories. I'd love to have one on a big porch one day. Enjoy!

So anxious for the ultrasound!! :)

Veronica said...

Oh I am so excited after reading this post! I love your new swing!!!

My step mom just gave us her porch swing since they don't want to keep it for the new house and I am so excited we get to have it! I have to find a new pad for it (I heard that they have replacement ones at Walmart) and it will be like new!

Congrats to Kaylee on all her awesome awards. My heart smiled big when I saw that ceiling tile. I think that is the coolest thing ever!

Yay for it being birthday week and please be sure to let me know about what I mentioned in my message this morning.

Oh and about your appt, I really hope they schedule your ultrasound soon. I am getting SO excited!!!

Becca said...

COngrats to Kaylee! She is such an intelligent, pretty young lady! I always forget that Kaylee's birthday is one day later than Aubrey's! I hope y'all have a blast celebrating!

I am sooooo jealous of your swing! I've always wanted one! I know you are going to love it next summer watching the girls play while you are swinging with that precious baby *boy*!!

Linda said...

I know I am taking a blog break, but I just had to read a few posts. I LOVED this one. How great that Kaylee got the A Honor Roll Award...and the attendance one too...oh, and I love the star above her desk. Congratulations to her...and also Happy Birthday wishes for Friday! I hope it will be a wonderful 8th Birthday!

I am happy that you got your swing! I know you will really enjoy that for swinging the baby. And it looks like the girls love it too.

So excited to find out what the baby is tomorrow! (You look wonderful)

Love, Momma

Caroline said...

Yay for Kaylee. So great for awards too.
Yay for the swing I love it !!! My Grandma used to have one and I loved it.
Yay for the Olive Garden too.