
We are answering some fun questions to get to know each other. I just love these kinds of questions. You can find out things about your blog friends that you may never have known otherwise! :)
How would people describe your personality? (If they could only use ONE word.) Are they right?
I think people would say I am quiet and they would be right. I'm not really quiet around people I'm comfortable with though.
What celebrity/celebrities would create a “Star-Struck” feeling if you saw them in real life?
I'm not really a "star-struck" type person, but I loved seeing Leeland a couple of times since they are my favorite band and they are from my town. I think because I admire him so greatly, I would be star-struck if I ever got to see Denver Moore, author of "Same Kind of Different as Me." If you haven't read that book, you MUST read it!!
Who is your favorite blogger? Why?
Oh my.....can I really pick one? I have so many favorites and all for different reasons. I read most of the blogs I do because I have developed friendships with the people who write them. There aren't many blogs I read that I don't keep up with on facebook and through email, and those friendships have been invaluable to me! I love all of you so much, but if I had to pick one popular blogger who I don't know personally, it would have to be Kelly from Kelly's Korner. Her blog was one of the first I ever read and I love that she is so genuine and that she ministers to others just by being who she is and loving Jesus.
What is your comfort food/drink?
My comfort drink would definitely be Starbucks coffee. I get the plain brewed coffee with cream and splenda. I like their flavored drinks too, but they really are too sweet for me, so I almost always get their coffee. My comfort food would definitely be chocolate. Yum!
Be brave – tell us something very random and weird about yourself.
I am almost always constantly singing or humming. I'm always making up silly songs that have to do with whatever we're doing at the moment. Sometimes, I even catch myself humming aloud when I'm shopping at the store. I hope at least that my girls will remember me always singing :)
Do you have a strong desire to do something you’ve never done? What is it?
I have a strong desire to have some type of ministry, for my life to bring God glory, for others who have no hope to find Him.........I'm not really sure what that means or what His plan is for me, but I just know that He DOES have something planned. And I'm thinking most likely it's something that if I knew about it now, I would be totally freaked out and probably go into hiding, so it's best He hasn't revealed it yet. Ha!! Those of you who know me, know I suffer from an anxiety disorder, and I just know that one day that will bring God glory, because God takes our greatest weaknesses and uses them for His glory.
Movies: Action, Drama, Romantic Comedy, Documentary, Comedy? What are your favorite genres?
I love dumb comedies, like "Napoleon Dynamite" or "Christmas Vacation". They are so dumb, but hilarious!
Books: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Romance, Biographies, True Stories, Self-Help, Devotional/Study? What are your favorite types of reading material?
Definitely, no doubt about it, my favorite books are non-fiction Christian books. I LOVE reading stories that show God's divine plan woven throughout. Every one of us has a story that God is writing and if you stand back a little, you can see His hand at work. The girls and I went to the bookstore this past weekend and I got Abby Johnson's book, "unPlanned". She is the Planned Parenthood director that ended up leaving her job after seeing an ultrasound guided abortion. I read it in one day. It is an amazing story of how God opened her eyes to the truth. So powerful!
Music: Funk, Rock, Country, Jazz, Classical, Film Score, Blues, Classic Rock, Crooner, Alternative, Heavy Metal, Techno? What are your favorite types?
I only listen to Christian music now. I used to be an alternative/rock type girl, then I discovered the awesome Christian bands that are out there and I love them! My favorite is Leeland, but I love David Crowder Band, JJ Heller, Kari Jobe, and many others!
If you inherited a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do with your money?
This is a touchy subject for me. Right before my mom died, I was unexpectedly left half of a family member's estate. The thing is though, she totally ignored other family members who were closer in "hierarchy", so to speak, to get that money. So then my mom died, and here I am, grief-stricken and left to deal with the fact that all these people were mad at me because I was left this money and I had no idea that was even a remote possibility. It was from my biological side of the family. And my birth mother was one of the ones skipped over, so that might explain her ugliness toward me.
Well, the lady who was left the other half also decided that she would dishonor this family member's wishes and keep everything she could for herself. Do you see what money can do to people?! Yuck! I know legally, the money I got was mine and I honored her wishes by keeping it, but I have never gotten over the guilt of taking that money. I was placed in an awful position and it's one I never would want to be in again. The timing was really a blessing, because my Mom had just died and I had just lost my income when I quit my job to stay home with the girls, so had it not been for that money, we most likely would not have been able to move into our house we were building at the time. Now do you see why I am so anxious to move?! SO many bad and horrible memories connected with that time period and this house. The love of money truly is the root of all evil.
Name one weakness of yours (confession is good for the soul).
I have a weakness for Starbucks coffee and books, lots of books!
If you could live anywhere at all (and take all your loved ones with you), where would you go?
If I could have all my loved ones in one place, it wouldn't really matter to me where it was! But, Hawaii sounds nice!
Strange Talent? Can you juggle basketballs, put your legs behind your head or perform some other strange feat?
Not that I can think of!
What’s something you consider yourself to be good at? (Don’t worry, it’s not bragging, it’s acknowledging a God given gift).
I think I'm a good listener.
What is one of your favorite things to catch a whiff of?
I love the smell of coffee!
When you leave a social gathering, do you wish: You would have talked more or You would have talked less?
Well, normally I'm very quiet and wished I had talked more. But, if I do talk, then I usually wish I had talked less. I guess if there is one thing that I do worry about, it's how people view me. Ugh....I hate that about myself!
If money wasn’t a factor, what stores would you shop in?
I don't know that I would shop at different stores, but maybe I would at least buy what I really wanted, instead of trying to get the cheapest stuff.
What is your greatest fear or strange phobia?
I have a fear of being in places where I feel trapped, or where I have no control. Like waiting in a doctor's office, or being stuck in line somewhere, or being stuck in a car traveling.
What is your greatest accomplishment?
Giving birth to 3 girls without pain medicine! LOL! I really remember thinking, after I had my first, that this was the greatest thing I had ever done. :D
What are your favorite animals?
Dogs :)
Are you a hopeless romantic?
Not at all.
What movie or book character can you most relate to?
I really love the character "Melanie" in "Sweet Home Alabama". I can relate to her feeling like she needed to be someone else, instead of a small-town girl with a southern accent who grew up in a trailer, but in the end she realizes that she already had everything she ever wanted.
18 comments:
This is so fun to read! I think I will join in myself!
Loved your answers. . . many of mine will be very similar! We have lots in common!
So nice to meet you! I also love those dumb comedies!! :)
starbucks coffee is so good isn't it? yum... what a story about that money but I love how God used it in your life at that time. HE is so faithful to us!
Oh my goodness Kristin the part about inheriting money just choked me up so much! Bless your sweet heart...I can totally see where you are coming from. Yes...the love of money can bring out the absolute worst in people. I can see why you would want to move to your new haven of rest on the water and put all of that behind you! And I pray you will be able to forget the hurt. I love you so much and admire your wonderful love for the Lord...and your big desire to please Him with your life.
people think I am quiet too...and I am...until I am one-on-one in a conversation...and then I can talk for hours in a good conversation with someone I care about.
I would like to be a good listener...and I hope people think that. I do usually have something to say about what they are telling me though. And a good friend once told me that a good conversation is like a table tennis match...you take turns serving the ball! (:>) So it does take listening and commenting for it to work.
Ok, I can relate to child birth answer to the greatest accomplishment question. After I had my first baby, I felt like if I could do that I could do anything! Ha!
Love you,
Momma Linda
What a horrible story about your inheritance! You're right...the love of money is the root of all evil. My husband was in a similar situation with his inheritance. His grandfather only willed 4 out of the 6 children his estate. My husband was not one of the 4. He accepted that and got on with life but his sister never got over it. Today, she doesn't speak to any of the other siblings. It's really sad.
Like you, I also burst into random song quite often. I love having a song to sing for any comment a person makes!
Ok Kristin, we must be related! Starbucks coffee + Napolean Dynamite. Heck ya! :D
Great questions! I'm so glad you're keeping your eyes and ears open for when the Lord calls you to your calling! So awesome!
It's a pleasure to meet you! You know, while blog hopping, most people have actually answered the first question saying that they are reserved or quiet. So much fun to see all the answers!
I love Sweet Home Alabama and Reese Witherspoon, too. What a difficult position your family member put you in...there are so many difficult things attached to money.
I love you, girl...so glad to have you as my friend and "sister" since Momma Linda officially adopted me, too.
Loved your answers . Sorry about all the money trouble. It is the root of all evil.
I enjoy reading Kelly's Korner too.
I love the smell of coffee too but I don't drink it.
Gonna try to jump in on the party maybe tomorrow.
LOVE it! I have loved reading everyone's answers to these! Your answers reconfirmed that we are BFF's! Haha!
Hi Kristne. I know God has big plans for everyone. I wonder what hHe is doing behind the scenes with my little blog. I too have suffered anxiety in the past. Money does cause problems. My grandma always fought with her sister-had money but was never happy. And I also read unPlanned last week in about a day. Books are my weakness too as you may see by my extensive reading list on my blog.
I'm constantly singing or humming, too. Also I'm a big fan of Sweet Home Alabama. Such a sweet move!
You have a lovely blog. I hope to see you around. :)
Alita
I totally read this on my phone the other day but wasn't able to leave a comment! Hopping on to finally do that now! Hearing your answers was fun although I do believe I knew most of them already, lol!
I always laugh to myself when we talk on the phofne and I go and get all excited about stuff and talk a mile a minute and then realize that you're also excited about stuff to but you are so quiet and mellow. I must probably sound so high strung,huh? :)
So thankful for Kelly's blog and how it brought us together. Love the way the Lord works!
Same Kind of Different as Me was a great book, I agree and I am headed over to check out Unplanned. I am also a big fan of Starbucks esp. Pumpkin Spiced Lattes.
Have a great day,
Amy @ Missional Mama
So enjoyed reading your answers...could relate to so many.....Will be back....Great blog
Having a natural birth is a pretty amazing experience. Wish I would've done it w/ my first 2
I'm pretty proud of my natural births too. :) I've had 4 naturally - 4 with epidurals - 1 C-section. So, I've done it every way you can! (I think. ha!)
I'm so with you on the type of reading material I like best. True, inspirational stories are, well, inspiring! :) You'll have to send me a list of your favorites. I know you've mentioned some before, but i forget.
Well, you know I love Starbucks. We can be Starbucks sisters!
Love you Kristin.
Lynnette
Post a Comment