Flooring Day and my New Dress!

This morning, we went to Houston to this tile/flooring place to pick out our tile. I didn't realize it was going to be a giant warehouse! It was a little overwhelming at first, but we found a great deal on our tile. We are putting tile in the kitchen, bathrooms, hallways, dining room, laundry room.......basically the only rooms with carpet will be the bedrooms and we're putting wood in the living room. We also needed tile for the shower walls too.

We picked out a pretty tan color. It took forever for them to bring it out (we had to order 2 pallets, plus some other boxes) and we realized there was no way Morgan's truck would be able to carry it all because of the weight, so he'll have to go back to pick up the rest later. I found some wood there too, so I'll probably just have him buy that when he goes back.

Here's the sample of our granite that we're getting for the countertops. We took that with us, along with some of the kitchen cabinet trim, so we could make sure and get a good tile color. It looks way more speckled in this photo than it is.

Okay, this might not happen very often, but I got this new outfit yesterday, and I thought I'd take a picture. :D How come it always looks like I have a double chin in my pictures?! LOL! I went shopping since we had a showing yesterday and I couldn't go home, and found this dress at Target. I thought it would work well and grow with me. My friend told me I was starting to get a little baby bump, but I told her that is just because I'm fat. Haha! I always looked about 4 months pregnant anyways, so I figure now I have an excuse for that!
Luckily, I haven't gained any weight yet. I've actually lost a few pounds. I've been trying really hard to eat healthy and drink lots of water. It's getting hard though, because I feel really nauseous if I don't eat and salads just don't cut it sometimes. I haven't been craving snacks or junk food or sweets (thank goodness!), but I always seem to crave something warm and cooked, like meal type stuff or bread. I did have a Starbucks Frappuccino yesterday and that was so good.......I haven't even drank coffee in almost 2 weeks! I tried, believe me, I tried, and I just couldn't do it.....it made me want to gag! Isn't that the craziest thing ever?!! Of course, the one drink I can still drink from there is the highest calorie one too! Figures!! :D

10 comments:

Veronica said...

Oh, I loved seeing the pic of you in your new dress!!! I just had to click on the pic to see your little bump and I think you look adorable!

Glad you made it through today and I'm still so excited about the progress being made on the house. I went to bed last night and told Fern, "Isn't it so cool? The view from the back kitchen door is the water! Isn't that awesome? :) He totally agreed!

Love ya and hope your showing goes well tomorrow!

Lauren said...

that dress is so cute on you!!!!! sounds like the house is really coming along! :)

Linda said...

Kristin, that is a neat dress sweetie...and it will work well as baby grows too. Cute!

I really like the granite. The contrast with the dark cabinets will be nice.

I like that the showings of the house are happening! I pray that it will sell soon. Houses around here are just starting to have Sold signs on them. Spring is the best selling season!

I love you... Sleep tight my pregnant daughter.

Love, Momma Linda

{:miss v:} said...

The granite looks a lot like the granite in our kitchen and we really like it!

You look so cute in your dress! I'm like getting all excited to start wearing floral dresses for spring! I was in Old Navy this evening and they have so many cute ones!

Amy said...

You look so cute in your dress. Love it!
blessings,
Amy

Anna Gray said...

LOVE the dress! Very chic. Target is the best! :)

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Cute dress! I always look about 4 months pregnant, too. Although, you look gorgeous!! One of my favorite things about being pregnant was wearing maternity clothes and having an excuse for my belly! =)

Counter tops are going to look great. How fun!

Katie rayn said...

U look cute!!

Jenilee said...

your dress is very cute! and you are going to be soo adorable with a big prego belly! keep taking pictures!!! :) yeah for new baby :)

Unknown said...

Super cute dress! I love dresses like that! I am sure you will do great this time around and that baby girl is going to be so healthy! If you have a boy, he might resent me for calling him a girl this whole time, ha!! I would be too overwhelmed with all the tile choices, wow!!