5 Question Friday



I thought I would participate in Five Question Friday again. It's fun :)

1. Can you drive a stick shift?

I sure can and I am so glad that I know how! My second car, when I was in college, was a Chevy Cavalier and it was a stick shift. I remember my friend Martha took me to a parking lot and tried to help me learn to drive it! She had a sports car that was a stick shift, so she already knew how to drive one. It took some practice, but I finally learned!

Then, when I bought my first car on my own, after college, Morgan and I were dating and I wanted a mustang. He told me that you can't buy a mustang without getting a GT and a stick shift (he was a major car guy back then), so I bought a red 5-speed Mustang GT. I am still missing that car. :( LOL! I traded it in when I found out I was pregnant with Madison.

I guess we are going through a mid-life crisis, because we actually had a serious conversation the other night about me trading in my SUV for another Mustang. Not the most family-practical car! Haha! But, for a split second, I actually considered it. Then I asked Morgan, "Aren't we too old to be driving a mustang now?"

2. What are two foods you just can't eat?

I am not a picky person at all, but I refuse to try crawdads, oysters, frog legs, alligator.......anything that looks like a cockroach, or lives in a swamp, I think you just should not eat. And oysters are just nasty!

3. Do you buy Girl Scout cookies? What is your favorite kind?

I was Madison's troop leader when she was younger, but I don't really buy them anymore. I do love the mint ones though......those are my faves.

4. How do you pamper yourself?

What is that? Ha! I am not a "pampering" kind of girl. I don't go to a salon. I don't get my nails done. I don't tan. Part of it is because I just don't want to spend the money, but mostly it's because those kind of places remind me of the doctor's office, where you have to sit around and wait and it makes my anxiety go sky-high. It would not be fun for me at all. So, if I were going to spend a day just for myself, I would go to the book store and look around for hours, buy some books, and then grab a Starbucks coffee on the way home. That's my idea of a "spa day". :D

5. What is your nickname and how did you get it?

I have never had a nickname. When I was little, my mom said she tried to call me a nickname, and I turned around and told her, "My name is Kris-sin Niece!" (Kristin Denise) So, she said she never did try to call me by anything other than Kristin after that! Haha!

That was fun! You should join in so I can come read your answers!

8 comments:

Jenilee said...

I can't drive a stick shift. Jeremy has tried to teach me but I fail every time. lol not for me! :)

Linda said...

Yes...I am a cool granny...I can drive a stick. (Or at least I used to be able to do it. Ha! I haven't driven one in years though.)

That was a funny list of things you won't eat! i don't blame you one bit! I would not eat them either girl!

I am not a spa girl either. But I do enjoy getting my hair done.

But I am with you all the way on browsing the bookstore! (Plus I love a quiet library.)

No Girlscout cookies for me (allergies)...but I used to eat the mint ones too. They were my favorites.

Lynnette used to call me "Mother Nature" when she was being silly. Lisa calls me "Mamasita" sometimes..and Lonna calls me Mama, (and spells it that way).

My middle name is Sue...but people who don't know that have called me Linda Lou lots of times! But that's about it. John calls me Linda, and "hey sweetie".

This is a fun blog hop.

Love you Kristin.

Your "Momma Linda"

Anna Gray said...

Girl Scout cookies are 'da bomb'! I adore the mint ones and the shortbread. And speaking of them - my dad walked in with a box of them yesterday. Ha!

By the way - I also rarely go to a salon and NEVER get my nails done. Join my club! :D

{:miss v:} said...

Very fun!

That's funny about the Mustang! My parents bought a brand new one only a few years ago so I don't think one is ever too old! You should go for it! hahahaha!

Your kind of "spa" day sounds pretty good to me! I love browsing the bookstore and drinking my mocha!

Katie rayn said...

ok I'm with you on the oysters but the rest...come on. YOu don't know what you're missing. Of course I am from Louisiana, so...:)

Amanda said...

Just added mine to my blog! Fun link party!

Veronica said...

LOL about wanting another mustang!

I CANNOT drive stick and that is something that gave me anxiety just trying. Granted my dad was my teacher and he was not the most
patient teacher! Maybe one day I'll get to learning!

I totally agree with all the stuff you won't eat because all of that sounds disgusting to me!

Pampering myself...well, I'm definitely not against it, just don't usually have the time or the money to really do it up right. Maybe this year, now that the baby is bigger, I can finally get out and have some real "me" time and redeem a g/c I got last year for Mother's Day! :)

Caroline said...

Great answers & I enjoed this. I can't drive stick and I don't pamper myself either. I'm a busy Mom I have no time. Lol