I can't believe they have gotten so much done this week! Last weekend we had just dirt. Wednesday, we had a foundation. And today, all of the rooms are framed.
LOL....you can't see the front door because of the big pile of dirt.

View from our living room. Those will be windows that look out onto the water.

I had no idea from looking at the plans how big this back porch was!! I think it is one of my favorite things. It will be perfect to have tables and chairs out there for parties and things like that. It will be covered by the roof too. The girls can play out there and draw with their chalk. I told them they could ride bikes on that porch. Haha!

View of back of the house.

View standing on back porch.

Brick we picked out.

Morgan brought home samples of brick and roof colors. It is SO hard to visualize what they're going to look like on an entire house! The girls and I drove around yesterday looking at light colored houses, to try and get an idea of what color roof to get. :D

Deciding on what color to brick the house was hard too. We were thinking a red brick originally, but decided we wanted a light tan brick this time. It's one of those things where if you don't just choose, you could spend months looking at samples and going crazy! And we decided to go with a black roof. I want a dark brown wood door for the front too. I think that will be so pretty!
Well, the girls right now are in my bathroom doing each others nails. That's the first time I've let them loose with the nail polish. Let's hope it's not all over the bathroom when they get done!! Ha! Today was awesome at church. It's the first time we've went to church since Christmas Eve. I just have not felt like going at all, then my Dad was here last weekend so we had to miss. I was glad to be back and they had a band there today which was amazing! I'll be back later to tell what I learned. It was about "toxic relationships".......I felt like I could definitely relate to that lately!!
16 comments:
Kristin this house is awesome. The living room view is spectacular so nice to have those big windows!! And how nice to have a big covered porch out there to enjoy the view too.
I like the brick. We have a lighter brick too. Oh and we saved a lot of money on our house insurance by putting on a class 4 roof. (Morgan probably knows that kind of stuff since he is a contractor.) We didn't know about it, but our builder told us...and our insurance on our new house is way lower than our old house was.
Well...all for now. Can't wait for the next pictures.
Ta~ta!
Your house is getting built so fast! I would be so super duper excited and have tons of different ideas on how to decorate!
I'm glad you had a nice day at church! I know how you feel about not feeling like going. We actually just visited a new church today. We met up with some friends and so far we like it. The children's area was really cool and Evan had a lot of fun! He didn't want to leave! haha! The message today was about being a peace maker from Matthew 5:9, it was really good!
The house plans are coming along.
I would LOVE a back porch like that.
As for church, hang in there. On the days I don't really want to go, but go anyway...that is when God seems to speak to me the most.
it IS starting to look like a house! amazing!! I'm so excited for you!
It's so neat to see the progress being made on the house! How exciting to be able to pick out everything exactly like you want it!
I love the look of brick and the lighter color is going to be really neat!
So excited for you all. It's coming right along !!! Yay !!
stumbled over...what FUN!!! I can't wait to build a house!!!
Oh how cool! It's really coming along! I can't wait to see the finished product!
So what happened with the nail polish? :)
I am going to be your first visitor!! Oh my word, so beautiful!! I could never build a house because I can't make any decisions! It's going to look beautiful!!
Sooo exciting...and how wonderful to be near the water. It's going to be beautiful!
How cool! That has happened so fast! Your view is goign to be absolutely incredible!!
That view is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I imagine lots of peaceful mornings in cozy rockers with a cup of coffee for ya'll. Super exciting!
Wow it is going to be so wonderful. Look at your lovely view too. Can I say I am just a bit jealous. Dream house here you come. Amazing.
Wow! I am amazed at how quickly they are getting that house together! I LOVE light brick colored houses. I've always wanted one! Hope the girls didn't repaint your bathroom ;)
Wow! I am amazed at how quickly they are getting that house together! I LOVE light brick colored houses. I've always wanted one! Hope the girls didn't repaint your bathroom ;)
Wow, it's really coming along!
Post a Comment